Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. After a wonderful stretch of being out on the road meeting the #Regulators face to face the 2 Regular Guys are back home and are ready to share what they learned. We are going to also be joined by Clay Barbera of www.coreltrainer.com to share his thoughts as well as answer your CorelDraw questions. Join us Friday to get some nuggets from the Awards and Personalization Expo, DAX Kansas City, and ThreadX included some snips of recorded interviews along the way.
Sponsored by: Impressions Expo. Use the Promo Code RegularGuysIE for a FREE Expo Pass!
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
- Impressions Expo is looking for speakers for the 2021 Impressions Expo shows so if you have always wanted to be a speaker this is your chance to apply. They are looking specifically for Trending Topics, Panels (3+ speakers) and Advanced Seminars and Workshops (3000-4000 level). To be considered to speak at Impressions Expo, you will have to complete and submit the proposal form and agreed to our non-compete and non-infomercial stipulations. Impressions Expo does NOT pay for travel; however, we do offer a small speaker honorarium. The deadline for submissions for the 2021 Impressions Expo Conferences is April 17, 2020.
- Surprising changes at Printwear Magazine. National Business Media (NBM) announces the launch of a new publication, entitled GRAPHICS PRO. The forthcoming publication merges A&E, Printwear, and Sign & Digital Graphics into a single, comprehensive brand. Dave Pomeroy, president of NBM, says, “GRAPHICS PRO will be a significant, professional, substantive magazine and brand that stands alone as the credible source in the industry. GRAPHICS PRO accurately reflects and represents the multi-faceted graphics business of the 2020s. The deep roots we have with over 30 years invested in each of our publications positions GRAPHICS PRO to go both deep and wide—covering specific products and processes but also the larger, wider opportunities that exist for all professional graphics businesses.”
Dad Joke: Wanna hear a joke about paper? Nevermind, it is tearable!
On The Road
Terry: Thanks again to the Impressions Expo. Before we bring in Clay, just quickly tell us about the APA Expo you attended in Las Vegas.
Aaron: Great Sessions, Lunch with Joseph Tovar of Synergy 17, Got to meet Jan Calahan face to face and dinner with Cheryl Kuchek. Also, shout out to Jimmy Lamb and Lisa Elston for the fun sublimation panel. The only regret was letting them tell people to dip the mugs in water. I’m not a big fan of that.
Aaron: Let’s welcome back to the show Clay Barbera with Corel Trainer.
Aaron: Clay, let’s start with your impressions of the first DAX Show of 2020 in Kansas City.
Terry: Your trade-show booth is set up differently than most, can you tell us about that?
Aaron: So let talk a little CorelDraw here. What is the #1 Question you get and what is the answer you give?
Terry: How was Kansas City’s reaction to your new Training Software?
Aaron: What other shows is Corel Trainer planning on exhibiting at?
Aaron: We’ve talked before, off-camera, about your different sort-of philosophy when it comes to Training People in our Industry. Why don’t you share with listeners what you mean when you say stuff like “happy to help” and “Anytime Answers”.
Terry: Did you ever come sit on the blow-up sofa?
Terry: How can people get ahold of you or sign up for your training program?
Our ThreadX comments and snippets of interviews…
- Jay Baer – Complaints taking them personal
- Peter Lovelace – Circle Community Question
- Victor – What did you want people to take from your presentation
Aaron: More from all three of those folks, plus an interview with Kyler. He is a Skills USA kid. Tell us a little bit about him Terry.
Facebook Live Video
- Aaron’s Online Video Series “Small Business Saturdays” #SBSVideos Every Saturday
- Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- OurSuccessGroup.Com – Next Level Business Training
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing webinar March 28th, 2020
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course
WorkHorse Phoenix February 29-March 1
- Scheduling & Estimating Production Time Video Series – March, 2020
- Your Style Guide eBook by Jay Busselle
- DAX Tinley Park (Chicago) – April 24-25, 2020
- NBM Providence – May 15-16, 2020
- DAX Minnesota – May 22-23, 2020
- NBM Indianapolis – June 11-13, 2020
- Impressions Expo Baton Rouge – June 18-20, 2020
- NBM Richmond – July 17-18, 2020
- ASI Chicago – July 21-23, 2020
- NBM Long Beach – August 13-15, 2020
- Impressions Expo Ft. Worth – August 28-30, 2020
- Impressions Expo Orlando – September 10-12, 2020
- Sublimation Summit – September 10-12, 2020
- NBM Cleveland – September 25-26, 2020
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City – October 8-10, 2020
- Printing United Atlanta – October 21-23. 2020
- NBM Charlotte – November 5-6, 220
Please support our sponsors!
Impressions Expo – Head to our website for updated 2021 show dates and to find out more about our new virtual marketplace, Impressions Connect, taking place in January!
Our Success Group – Business Training, Consulting and Support – Use the code 2rg to save 20% on Success Tracker or the Monthly or Annual Membership plans.
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter and Instagram. You can also find information on our YouTube Page.