Break out your junior yellow legal pad or Google Docs, and let’s do some planning for success. It’s time for another annual 2 Regular Guys tradition. PLANNING for the new year. 2023 is going to be a great year for the Decorators Community as we all continue to get better at this “new normal.” Aaron and Terry will break down how they plan for the next year, and we are excited to discuss with the #Regulators what the future will hold. It’s GO Time!
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants, lectures, or selling. We are not doing this for our employers but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened-to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will improve your business and our industry. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list, and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
🏆🤑 Ready to have clarity and confidence in your business? 🥇🎯 Got to https://oursuccessgroup.com/tryosg
If you have anything newsworthy you would like us to share, please email details to email@example.com. Use the subject line “Weekly News.”
When Santa’s elves are busy in the workshop, what music do they listen to?
Terry’s New Book
Exciting News! Terry has published his latest book. Beer, Bait & Barbecue: The Secret and True Origin of Vampires upon the Earth. Get your copy at https://decorators.ink/bbb
Planning for 2023
Previous Year – 2022
Aaron: Have a Process
Aaron: What are the metrics you will be used to track your progress in 2022
Aaron: Set clear goals that include how much and by when
Terry: Look at the changes your business went through during the 2021 version of the Covid year, and determine which you want to keep
Terry: Equipment purchases in 2022 – Lead times are real and not going away
Terry: Follow through… with customers, with employees, with your personal plans…
Planning for 2023
Terry: Do you know your brand?
- And if you do, is it the brand you want?
- Here’s what it’s not…
- Your brand is not your logo
- Your brand is not “Hey, look at me!”
- Your brand is not a mission statement
- So what is your brand?
- Your brand is your promise
- Brand is about relationships
- What can they expect from you?
- What separates you?
- Why do you do what you do?
- Your brand is who you are… who you want to be… who people perceive you to be
Aaron: Love that you brought up branding. Clarity on who you are and who you service is so important.
- What customers did you enjoy working with?
- What customers need to go elsewhere
- When you try to be all things to everybody, you end up being nothing to no one.
Erich: Review & Forecast FURTHER OUT than you think you should
Terry: In 2023, become an expert at what you do
- Every expert has a beginning
- What 1 task or technique would you like to be better at in 2023
- Lay out a plan for weekly efforts in that area
- Reading up on the subject
- Set aside time to experiment
- Business needs to be a system. Things you can repeat
- Automate – What are you doing over and over?
- Stop going it alone. https://osg.link/iworker
Erich: Learn to ‘Prune’ & Understand ‘Fitness’
Terry: Plan to become the “go to” decorator in your area… in your marketplace
- Do good work and deliver on time!
- This is the true secret to success
- You can compete with anyone large or small if you do good work…
- Make it easy to buy from you
- It’s often not about price
- Most customers are not professional buyers
- Innovate – try something new
- Specialty inks, vinyl, thread, techniques
If there is time LOL – Talk about having clarity of goal, mission, and why. Planning is so much more accurate with those things in mind. Also, trust your gut.
If you would like to present your 5 Things, five quick points on any subject, whether it be advice or five instructional steps, we would love to hear from you. You can come on the show and present them yourself, or we will share your list with our listeners or even play a recorded video of you sharing 5 things. Whatever is easiest.
- The Half – 11:30 AM CST every Friday. Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery. Thirty minutes of Q&A. See past episodes and support the show – thehalf.club.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting March 4-5, 2023.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Workhorse Products in Phoenix, AZ, starting February 18-19, 2023.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s “Small Business Saturdays” #SBS Every Saturday. Check out the Podcast version!
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Make your machine embroidery bolder, more beautiful, and more valuable to customers while making the digitizing process faster and easier. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- Understanding Emblems Digitizing, Production, Styles, and Sales of Patches. Learn from Erich Campbell about digitizing for emblems, including small detail tips, creating your own borders, execution for stitching, and more.
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Fridays at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide is a critical recipe. When all of the ingredients are combined, they create a powerful brand that is aligned, consistent & memorable! eBook by Jay Busselle
- Applique Getaway Virtual – November 15, 2022
- PPAI Expo Las Vegas, NV – January 10-12, 2023
- Impressions Expo Long Beach, CA – January 20-22, 2023
- International Personalization & Awards Expo Las Vegas, NV – February 7-10, 2023
- Decorated Apparel Expo Kansas City, MO – February 24-25, 2023
- EEM Show Lafayette, LA – March 3-5, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Irving, TX – March 9-10, 2023
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City, NJ – March 23-25, 2023
- Decorated Apparel Expo Minneapolis (Welch), MN – March 31-April 1, 2023
- Decorated Apparel Expo Chicago (Tinley Park), IL – April 14-15, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte, NC – April 27-28, 2023
- Sublimation Summit Peachtree City, GA – April 27-29, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Indianapolis, IN – June 15-16, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Portland, OR – July 19-20, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach, CA – August 18-19, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Baltimore, MD – September 13-14, 2023
- Impressions Expo Fort Worth, TX – September 14 – 16, 2023
- Printing United Atlanta, GA – October 18-20, 2023
All dates and events subject to change