Prepress, Preparation, and Process for Screen Printers
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:00:16 — 58.8MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. We welcome back to the show Tiffany Rader Spitzer. With her vast knowledge of screen printing, we could not wait to get her back on to share what she knows about prepress, planning, preparation and more. She helps us understand good techniques for documenting, planning and proper prepress. It’s a great conversation with a knowledgeable screen printer that you don’t want to miss.
Sponsored by: Embrilliance.com. Get 10% off by using the code 2RG at check out.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Cotton Promo, of Los Angeles, has developed a newly patented process that produces high-definition images with long-lasting vibrancy on 100% cotton fabrics, including black. The new process features a patented coating that is first applied onto the garment, which then allows the sublimation dyes to adhere when heat-pressed.
Michigan nonprofit I Give a Shirt Inc. launched an apparel campaign on March 1 to combat homelessness, one shirt at a time. “I Give a Shirt” features a different limited-edition T-shirt design each month, with all proceeds going toward a different cause. For March, the nonprofit is taking on homelessness. For more information on I Give a Shirt, visit https://giveashirtshop.org
Prepress, Preparation, and Process for Screen Printers
- Start off by discussing “keeping track”, specifically about documentation in a screen printing shop. And how this relates to other types of decorating methods as well.
- Many people tend to focus on the printing portion of the process, but also highlight the importance of prepress. Share your thoughts with our listeners.
- What sort of systems does she think are useful for recording this information? Does she have recommendations for how this information is stored and retrieved?
- Is there one critical step you see being missed by most shops? What’s the one ‘sleeper’ step you think people miss that would improve their pre-press?
- We talk a lot about employees on 2RG’s. Let’s have a conversation about managing your staff. Process over People!
- We are huge advocates of education and spreading the news. Tell us about your outreach to young printers.
- Let’s stay on education and talk about industry and business education opportunities including your feelings on trade shows and similar events.
- For someone just visiting their first trade show, what can they do to be ready to get the most out of their trip?
Tiffany Rader Spitzer– She is a former special effect screenprint contract print shop owner of the Allusive Butterfly. She is currently a speaker and consultant through her company RedHeaded Step Shirt as well as the Operations and Technical Products Manager for Roeder Industries, a Florida based garment screen print supply distributor. She is a Member of the SGIA Women in Print Counsel and the SGIA Sustainability, Safety, Health, and Personnel Counsel.
Roeder Industries : 407-722-8700
Facebook Live Video
- Aaron’s Online Video Series “Small Business Saturdays” #SBSVideos Every Saturday Morning at 11:30 AM EST | 8:30 AM PST
- Nashville with Atlas Screen Supply on March 16-17
- Thursday, March 21st – ISS Atlantic City -The Scientific Stitcher – Measurement and Testing
- Saturday, March 23rd – ISS Atlantic City – Embroidery Pricing Models Explained
- Friday, April 5th – DAX Minnesota – The Digitizing Difference: Foam, Gradients, and Performancewear
- April 5th – 12:30 PM DAX Minnesota – Developing a Business Plan
- April 5th – 2:20 PM DAX Minnesota – Being Customer Centric EQUALS More Profits
- Saturday, Apr 6th – DAX Minnesota – Patch Making for Fun and Profit
- Phoenix with WorkHorse Products on April 27-28
- Chicago with Atlas Screen Supply on June 22-23
- March 25-27, 2019 – Totally T-Shirts! Garment Screen Printing: Basic to Advanced Workshop (Fairfax, VA)
- ISS Atlantic City – March 21-23, 2019
- NBM – Irving, TX – March 28-30, 2019
- DAX Minnesota – April 5-6, 2019
- ISA SignExpo – April 24-26, 2019
- DAX Chicago – May 3-4, 2019
- NBM Milwaukee – May 17-18, 2019
- ISS Houston – June 6-8, 2019
- ASI Chicago – July 10-11, 2019
- NBM Meadowlands – July 25-26, 2019
Please support our sponsors!
Our Success Group – Business Training, Consulting, and Support – Use the code 2rg to save on Monthly or Annual Membership plans.
This show is for the listeners, so please ask us questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Contact us via our Facebook Page if you have any events or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Instagram and YouTube.