Aaron and Erich will discuss how we respond to real and perceived changes in our industry, markets, and the overall decoration landscape, focusing on finding opportunities, redirecting opposition, and cutting through resistance when you need to act. With an on-the-floor report from our own Terry Combs, we’ll have plenty to talk about concerning what’s new in our industry while discussing how to position ourselves to take it on.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
- Nominations Now Open for the 2022 Women in Screen Printing Awards from Screen Printing Magazine – Screen Printing magazine is looking for accomplished women who, through their careers, industry involvement, and philanthropic roles, have sparked innovation, spurred business growth, improved their communities, and enhanced the screen printing industry. The six winners will appear in Screen Printing magazine’s September/October digital edition and will be recognized at Printing United in Las Vegas on Thursday, October 20, 2022. Note: Nominees must hold a leadership position at a company that produces screen printing as its primary function.
Dad Joke: Have you heard about the new restaurant called Karma?
There’s no menu. You get what you deserve.
Responding to Change
Aaron: Let’s talk about some of the changes we’re seeing and have seen people face in recent years. (List some factors – Stock, Market/niche changes, move away from ‘brandfill,’ etc.) Discuss External vs. Internal factors. – Finding opportunity
Erich: Evaluating options – Changing perspectives. ‘What if?’ Michalko’s Cracking Creativity / Thinkertoys – What about the opposite? Creative solutions/design thinking
Aaron: E+R=O Discussion
Erich: Initial reaction vs. action directed toward the Outcome / Starting from the Outcome.
Aaron: The worst reason to do anything… (Running of the Bulls Poster)
Erich: Resistance / Showing Up – using YES to make things move forward. – MUG – Modest Usable Gains
Facebook Live Video
Be Part of #5Things
If you would like to present your 5 Things, five quick points on any subject whether it be advice or five instructional steps, we would love to hear from you. You can come on the show and present them yourself, or we will share your list with our listeners or even play a recorded video of you sharing 5 things. Whatever is easiest. https://www.2regularguys.com/5things/
- The Half – 11:30 AM CST every Friday. Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery. 30 minutes of Q&A. And this is the one time in Erich and Aaron’s life that 30 minutes is 30 minutes. Tune in at www.liveosg.com. See past episodes and support the show – thehalf.club.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Workhorse Products in Phoenix, AZ starting June 11-12, 2022.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting August 27-28, 2022.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting November 5-6, 2022.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s “Small Business Saturdays” #SBS Every Saturday. Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Make your machine embroidery bolder, more beautiful, and more valuable to customers while making the digitizing process faster and easier. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- Understanding Emblems Digitizing, Production, Styles, and Sales of Patches. Learn from Erich Campbell about digitizing for emblems including small detail tips, creating your own borders, as well as execution for stitching, and more. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Fridays at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide Your Style Guide is a critical recipe. When all of the ingredients are combined, they create a powerful brand that is aligned, consistent & memorable! eBook by Jay Busselle
- Graphics Pro Expo Indianapolis, IN – June 2-4, 2022
- SkillsUSA National Leadership and Skills Conference Atlanta, GA – June 20-24, 2022
- Made2hustle.live Ft. Worth, TX – June 25-26, 2022
- Applique Getaway Dallas, TX – July 15-17, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Meadowlands, NJ – July 21-22, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach, CA – August 4-6, 2002
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte, NC – September 16-17, 2022
- START HERE Academy – September 15, 4-8 p.m., in Room 219 at the Charlotte Convention Center
- Sublimation Summit Peachtree City, GA – September 22-24, 2022
- Everything Embroidery Market Myrtle Beach, NC – September 22-24, 2022
- Impressions Expo Ft Worth, TX – September 30 – October 2, 2022
- Printing United Las Vegas, NV – October 19-21, 2022
All dates and events, subject to change
Please support our sponsors!
This show is for the listeners, so please ask us questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Contact us via our Facebook Page if you have any events or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Instagram and YouTube.