A chat with Industry Veteran Scott Ritter – From decorator to software developer to trade show owner/manager, Scott Ritter has spent his career in the decorated apparel industry. Aaron and Terry will discuss the industry…. past present and future… with this industry icon.
Sponsored by: Impressions Expo. Use the Promo Code RegularGuysIE for a FREE Expo Pass!
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Screen Printing‘s Rising Stars Awards will honor six young people whose accomplishments in specialty printing have made an indelible impression. The award is open to individuals under the age of 35 who are employed in specialty printing businesses. Third-party nominations will be accepted through November 10th.
Dad Joke: Did you hear how the zombie bodybuilder hurt his back?
He was dead lifting.
Screen Printing - Then & Now
Terry: You might know Scott Ritter as the President of the Decorated Apparel Expo, but did you know that Scott ran his own chain of screen printing & embroidery shops for roughly 25 years, developed the pricing formula that is used by the most successful shops in the industry, is the author of nearly 300 articles that ran in nearly every magazine in the industry, was an early digitizer, and is an expert in hand-color separations for screen printing? Scott has also served on the board of directors for SGIA, and has won the Magnus award, outstanding service award, and a couple dozen other top awards in our industry.
Aaron: Scott, talk to us about the early days, your entry into the decorating industry.
Terry: What have been the biggest changes you have seen in your years in screen printing that you are pleased to see stick?
Aaron: How about the opposite of that, and give us some nostalgia. What do you wish we still did the old way?
Terry: I think Aaron and I both first met you from your software business. Talk to us about that.
Aaron: Everyone who has ever heard you open or close the DAX Show knows you must have spent some time behind the microphone. Tell us about that part of your life.
Terry: Aaron mentioned the DAX Show. Talk to us about how that show came about and it’s evolution.
Aaron: Covid has impacted all of us, but none as much as trade shows. Talk to us about the impact this year, and your plans for next year.
Terry: Scott, how do you think this crazy 2020 year will change the industry going forward?
Terry: How can our listeners find you and the DAX Show?
Facebook Live Video
5 Principles of Success
5 Things to Look at in Your Year End Business Review
- Obviously, sales for the year, and in comparison to the previous year, despite COVID
- Take a look at your product mix for the year, and the profitability of each item
- Look at your marketing for the year, and determine what worked and what didn’t
- Study the bottlenecks that you encountered and consider how to resolve them for next year
- Imagine where you would like your business to go in the coming year, then make a plan!
Be Part of #5Things
If you would like to present your 5 Things, five quick points on any subject whether it be advice or five instructional steps, we would love to hear from you. You can come on the show and present them yourself, or we will share your list with our listeners or even play a recorded video of you sharing 5 things. Whatever is easiest.
- OurSuccessGroup.Com – Success Business Training. Our missing is to provide resources that empower business owners to achieve their idea of success.
- The Success Tracker – A program from OSG, to get people started on achieving their goals.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s Online Video Series “Small Business Saturdays” #SBSVideos Every Saturday
- Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Online Training from Erich Campbell
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Friday’s at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide eBook by Jay Busselle
NBM Indianapolis – June 11-13, 2020– Canceled Impressions Expo Baton Rouge – June 18-20, 2020– Canceled NBM Richmond – July 17-18, 2020– Canceled DAX Tinley Park (Chicago) – August 7-8, 2020– Canceled NBM Long Beach – August 13-15, 2020– Canceled Impressions Expo Ft. Worth – August 28-30, 2020– Canceled Impressions Expo Orlando – September 10-12, 2020– Canceled Sublimation Summit – September 10-12, 2020– Canceled NBM Cleveland – September 25-26, 2020– Canceled ASI Chicago – September 30-October 1 (was July 21-23, 2020)– Canceled Impressions Expo Atlantic City – October 8-10, 2020– Canceled Printing United Atlanta – October 21-23. 2020– Canceled NBM Charlotte – November 5-6, 2020– Canceled
Please support our sponsors!
This show is for the listeners, so please ask us questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Contact us via our Facebook Page if you have any events or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Instagram and YouTube.