Sponsored by: Our Success Group. Are you looking to move your business forward and make it a full-time success that supports you and your family? Click the link to sign up for more details and to get some free resources.
Jeff Schutzman with Team Sparkle Gear will be joining Aaron and Terry to discuss Dealing with Jobs where We Ask, “Should I be Printing This?” None of us are experts on this subject. In fact, Jeff posed the question and agreed to join us to discuss. This has been a subject decorators have dealt with since the first t-shirt, but today with buzz phrases such as “hate speech” and “cancel culture” it’s time to have the conversation.
Sponsored by: Our Success Group. Are you looking to move your business forward and reach your idea of success? Click the link to sign up for more details and to get some free resources.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Dad Joke: What did the farmer give his wife for Valentine’s Day?
HOGS and kisses
Should I Print That?
Some images are obviously offensive to the majority of the population…
- A swastika for instance
Offensive to segments of the population
- During the Washington protests the guy with the “Camp Auschwitz” shirt
- Shock value
- Painful for a segment of the population
Fear of the cancel culture… fear of being a part of the cancel culture… fear of being associated with one side or another, one opinion or another…
Has this type of “media and messaging” problem happened before?
- Who is the “arbiter of truth??” This is potentially a slippery slope.
- Is truth the core issue? Or is it intent. Do we want to decorate things when the clear intention is to make people very angry? When is that appropriate?
How is television and internet media different from decorated apparel and accessories? How is it the same?
A Passive Conduit?
- I’ve turned down crude images…. Sometimes having an employee point something out
What are the legal implications of saying no?
A written policy on this? Do any of our listeners have something like this?
Do context and timeliness matter? Things that were humorous a couple of months ago may not be funny now.
What do you do when you have decorated something in the past that you would not do again?
What are the risks of not thinking about this? Risks of not having a plan?
Is it ok to say “Someone is going to make money from decorating things with questionable messages, I rather it be me than my competition”
What are some “guidelines” that we can consider when adopting a policy?
Facebook Live Video
5 Ways to Make Social Media a Positive Force
- Focus on being a positive presence. Complaining and ranting on social media can be cathartic and therapeutic, but make sure most of your interactions and posts are optimistic and positive.
- Know why you’re using social media. Maybe it’s to stay connected with family and friends, maybe it’s to promote your business or work, or maybe it’s to learn. Know what your goals are and mute or unfriend accounts that bother you and don’t help you meet those goals.
- Take breaks from social media – We all can get overwhelmed by our social media feeds, either demands from others for information or contact or simply a constant stream of negative messages. Take time, a few hours, or a day, away from social media to rest and recharge.
- Form a community – Find people who have the same values and goals you do, as well as people who are different from yourself, and get to know them. The stronger the community you form, the more valuable social media will be.
- Be selective – The urge is often to follow or friend everyone, but not everyone will be a good fit for you. Check out people’s profiles or pages before you connect and make sure they’re putting out the kind of messages you want in your life.
Be Part of #5Things
If you would like to present your 5 Things, five quick points on any subject whether it be advice or five instructional steps, we would love to hear from you. You can come on the show and present them yourself, or we will share your list with our listeners or even play a recorded video of you sharing 5 things. Whatever is easiest.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting May 22-23
- OurSuccessGroup.Com – Success Business Training. Our missing is to provide resources that empower business owners to achieve their idea of success.
- The Success Tracker – A program from OSG, to get people started on achieving their goals.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s Online Video Series “Small Business Saturdays” #SBSVideos Every Saturday
- Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Online Training from Erich Campbell
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Friday’s at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide eBook by Jay Busselle
- DAX Chicagoland – April 23-24, 2021
- Impressions Expo Long Beach – April 24-26, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Irving – May 13-15, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Indianapolis – June 15-17, 2021
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City – June 24-26, 2021
- DAX Kansas City – July 9-10, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Meadowlands – July 15-16, 2021
- DAX Minnesota – August 3-4, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach – August 12-14, 2021
- Impressions Expo Ft Worth – September 10-12, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Pittsburgh – September 24-25, 2021
- Printing United Orlando – October 6-8, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte – October 29-30, 2021
All dates and events, subject to change
Please support our sponsors!
Impressions Expo – Head to our website for updated 2021 show dates and to find out more about our new virtual marketplace, Impressions Connect, taking place in January!
Our Success Group – Business Training, Consulting and Support – Use the code 2rg to save 20% on Success Tracker or the Monthly or Annual Membership plans.
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter and Instagram. You can also find information on our YouTube Page.