Simple Systems and Tech Tools to Modernize Your Print Business
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:11:06 — 56.5MB) Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:11:06 — 56.5MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
Join the 2 Regular Guys this week as they dive into the world of print business tech tools and systems with special guest Gavin St Georges, founder and CEO of Seps.io. In this episode, Gavin will share his expertise on how to set up the tech side of a printing business in a practical and efficient manner, aligning technology, business systems, and people together for optimal performance. From simple solutions to cutting-edge technology, this podcast will provide listeners with valuable insights and advice on how to modernize their print business and take it to the next level. Don’t miss out on the chance to ask your questions and join the discussion this Friday.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants, lectures, or selling. 2 Regular Guys was not created for our employers but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened-to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will improve your business and our industry. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list, and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
🏆🤑 Ready to have clarity and confidence in your business? 🥇🎯 Got to https://oursuccessgroup.com/tryosg
If you have anything newsworthy you would like us to share, please email details to email@example.com. Use the subject line “Weekly News.”
My Dad has two Rottweilers. He named them Rolex and Timex.
They’re watch dogs
(Thanks Kristin – Thread Designs Inc.)
Aaron: Welcome to the show, Gavin. Tell us a little about yourself and your history in our industry.
Gavin: Share a quick origin story and how we got into the industry (…In the beginning)
Aaron: We know you have lots of knowledge about multiple facets of being a decorator, but you recently had a presentation at Impressions talking about a Simple System to run a Modern Printing Business, so we wanted to focus on that today. How important to a print shop is setting up a system?
Gavin: Business success hinge on systems and process…
- Ask the four questions
- Talk about leverage
- Talk about outcome
Aaron: So what might a simple system look like for a decorator? I know you are also a screen printer, what tech tools should people be looking at?
Gavin: …this is where the chaos status and shop owners have a lot of worries…
Aaron: What is the process of setting up the tech side of a printing business? Can you share some examples?
Gavin: Share framework to classify and simplify tech tool decision
Aaron: What are some of the pitfalls you have seen in people’s business systems that we should try to avoid?
Gavin: Making thing more complicated than it actually is…
Aaron: let’s say one of our listeners is bootstrapping their business and needs to keep lean. What would you say is the #1 most important part of the system?
Gavin: Talk about the accountability system
Aaron: Talk to us about aligning technology, business systems, and our most important asset, our people, partners, and other key relationships in our business.
Gavin: Talk about business philosophy and vision
Aaron: We can’t let you go without talking about art. Seps.io is a remote art department for screen printers and more. How has seps.io benefited some of your customers? Share a use case or two?
Gavin: Quick intro or demo – and CTA
Aaron: When can our listeners learn more and connect with you?
Gavin: Share info and QR code
Aaron: We always like to borrow as much knowledge from our guests as possible so we try to leave with one last question. What would be the number one piece of advice you would give decorators community members that have helped your business?
Gavin: Story about focus
- The Half – 11:30 AM CST every Friday. Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery. Thirty minutes of Q&A. See past episodes and support the show – thehalf.club.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting April 22-23, 2023.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Workhorse Products in Phoenix, AZ, starting June 3-4, 2023.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s “Small Business Saturdays” #SBS Every Saturday. Check out the Podcast version!
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Make your machine embroidery bolder, more beautiful, and more valuable to customers while making the digitizing process faster and easier. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- Understanding Emblems Digitizing, Production, Styles, and Sales of Patches. Learn from Erich Campbell about digitizing for emblems, including small detail tips, creating your own borders, execution for stitching, and more.
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Fridays at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide is a critical recipe. When all of the ingredients are combined, they create a powerful brand that is aligned, consistent & memorable! eBook by Jay Busselle
- Decorated Apparel Expo Chicago (Tinley Park), IL – April 14-15, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte, NC – April 27-28, 2023
- Sublimation Summit Peachtree City, GA – April 27-29, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Indianapolis, IN – June 15-16, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Portland, OR – July 19-20, 2023
- ASI Chicago – July 25-27, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach, CA – August 18-19, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Baltimore, MD – September 13-14, 2023
- Impressions Expo Fort Worth, TX – September 14 – 16, 2023
- ASI Show ConneX Nashville, TN – October 9-12, 2023
- Printing United Atlanta, GA – October 18-20, 2023
- ASI Orlando – January 3-4, 2024
- Impressions Expo Long Beach, CA – January 19-21, 2024
- International Personalization & Awards Expo Las Vegas, NV – February 6–9, 2024
- ASI Ft. Worth – March 5-6, 2023
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City, NJ – March 21 – 23, 2024
All dates and events subject to change