Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast discussion with Jeff Proctor about Specialty Inks and Low Cure Inks for use on today’s high performance fabrics. We also had a chance to talk to Scott Ritter the founder of the DAX Shows that are coming up.
Sponsored by: Equipment Zone (Use Coupon code GUYS)
DAX Show update with Scott Ritter
- Tell us a little about the DAX shows and the history.
- What can attendees expect to see this year?
- Tell us about other activities such as the seminar program this year.
- Where can our listeners find you and find information about the show?
Low Cure and Specialty Inks with Jeff Proctor
- At the Long Beach ISS there seemed to be an upsurge in companies exhibiting “performance wear” fabrics and inks that were both PVC-free and phthalate-free. Your company manufactures textile inks Jeff, why are we seeing an increased interest in these inks.
- What prompted ink manufacturers to start producing PVC-free inks?
- When did this become important to ink manufacturers in the USA and why did it become important?
- What is available in the marketplace now?
- What are the differences between the different brands of inks labeled PVC-free?
- Aside from the printers using these inks to meet the standards for decorations by major retailers asking for PVC-free prints on their garments are there any advantages PVC-free inks can offer to the normal printer?
Jeff Proctor’s Bio: He has worked in the screen printing industry as a shop owner, production manager and a Technical Sales Representative for several major manufacturers of plastisol inks. In 1977 as a young, aspiring photojournalism student at Indiana University, he was asked by a friend who started a screen printing department at a college bookstore to come help for two weeks, because at that time the process started out by taking a picture. The rest is history. Now he covers the US, Mexico and Central America as a Technical Sales Representative for Winnipeg, MB, Canada based Lancer Group International.
Jeff’s Email – [email protected]
- ASI Dallas – February 4th – 6th
- DAX Kansas City – February 28th – March 1st
- NBM Arlington, TX – March 6th – 8th
- ISS Atlantic City, NJ – March 14th – 16th
- Aaron’s Seminar
- March 15th (1PM to 2:30PM) Better Understand Your Customers with the Power of Social Media
- Terry’s Seminars
- March 14th (1PM to 2:30PM) Secrets to Starting a Direct-to-Garment Business
- March 16th (10:30AM to Noon) The Business of Screen Printing: Beyond Pulling the Squeegee
- Introduction to DTG Printing – Equipment Zone in New Jersey (outside NYC) – February 21st
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago – March 22-23, 2014
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Workhorse Products in Phoenix – January 25th and 26th
This show is brought to you for a full hour by: Equipment Zone, with 20 years experience selling garment printing equipment nationwide. Equipment Zone offers the new Epson F2000 SureColor direct-to-garment printer, their own VelociJet-XL DTG printer, and the all new SpeedTreater-TX automatic pretreat machine with a full 16”x24” pretreat area. Introductory price is $3,295. Equipment Zone also carries a full line of DTG inks and supplies. Go to EquipmentZone.com
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter.