We welcome back Theresa Hegel, Editor for Counselor/ASI Media. Theresa will provide valuable insights into the industry landscape through a discussion of the ASI/Counselor State of the Industry report. Gain a comprehensive understanding of the current trends shaping the decorated apparel and promotional products industry and explore its journey from the challenges of the past to the opportunities of the present. Discover the fascinating details behind the industry’s recent experiences, rebound, and recovery, and get ready to navigate the future with informed strategies. We are excited to welcome be back taking a deep dive into the State of the Industry report’s statistics and strategies that can empower and enhance your business decisions.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants, lectures, or selling. 2 Regular Guys was not created for our employers but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened-to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will improve your business and our industry. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list, and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
🏆🤑 Ready to have clarity and confidence in your business? 🥇🎯 Got to https://oursuccessgroup.com/tryosg
If you have anything newsworthy you would like us to share, please email details to email@example.com. Use the subject line “Weekly News.”
One time in a bar the bartender yelled, “Does anyone know CPR?”
I said, “I know the whole alphabet”
Everyone laughed… except this one guy
State of the Industry
Erich: Theresa, you’ve been on the show several times but for our new listeners, tell us a little about yourself and how you found your way into the industry.
Terry: Tell us about the 2023 State of the Industry Survey and how it’s compiled. We have many listeners who are in the promotional/branded marketplace, plus I’m sure this information is translatable to straight garment decorators as well.
Erich: Lots of information here, and we (for the most part) only have a 1 hour show. Let’s pick out some of the categories that you can share with our listeners. How about starting with the health of the industry after the pandemic we shall not speak of?
Industry is back: promo sales in 2022 matched 2019 numbers: $25.8 billion
Terry: A category that caught my eye, because I talk to new decorators all the time, is Order Values and Pricing. What have you learned on that subject?
Order Values/Pricing: Average gross profit margins for distributors reached 36% in 2022, second year in a row that they increased (highest increase since 2019) – but many suppliers have had to hike prices (due to higher labor rates, increased cost of raw materials, etc.) so that could cut into margins for distributors.
Erich: Let’s talk trends. What does the survey tell us people are buying?
T-shirts are still number 1; drinkware is hot; PPE sales way down; and flags and banners are up (thanks to return of events and trade shows)
Terry: So we’ve discussed what people are buying, but who are the buyers?
Top markets: Education is the #1 market for promo for the eight time in nine years (in 2020 healthcare took the top spot for obvious reasons).
Erich: We all remember pictures of cargo ships lined up and waiting to unload not so long ago. Share what you found about the Supply Chain.
Supply chain issues related to the pandemic are largely over – but it’s worth having failsafe and backups in case new inventory shortages or snags happen down the line.
Terry: Probably the most common term you hear today, that most of us rarely heard just a few years ago. Let’s talk Sustainability.
58% of distributors prefer to purchase products that are environmentally friendly and 53% prefer products that are socially responsible.
Erich: I know you report on the industry rather than decorate garments, but we ask all our guests to share one piece of advice to our industry listeners. Have a nugget of truth to share?
Terry: How can our listeners find you?
The Secret Sauce
We serve up bite-sized tips for our #regulators to instantly spice up their decorated apparel business. Just like the perfect wing sauce, these quick tips can transform your business experience, adding flavor and depth to your operations. Each video in this playlist is a nugget of wisdom, carefully selected for its potential to bring immediate value to your work. So, whether you’re a seasoned pro or just getting started in the decorated apparel industry, dip into our ‘Secret Sauce’ for insights that can help you soar. Remember, the right tip at the right time can be just the secret ingredient you need for success.
- Start Loving Your Business Today ❤️
The FUNdamentals Of Business Success Book
- Radical Goal-Getters – Facilitated 6-Month Mastermind and Goal Achievement Group
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting August 26-27, 2023.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Workhorse Products in Phoenix, AZ, September 23-24, 2023.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s “Small Business Saturdays” #SBS Every Saturday. Check out the Podcast version!
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Online Training from Erich Campbell
- Understanding Emblems Learn from Erich Campbell about digitizing for patches.
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Fridays at 2:30 Mountain Time
- The Half – 11:30 AM CST every Friday. Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery. Thirty minutes of Q&A. See past episodes and support the show – thehalf.club.
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach, CA – August 18-19, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Baltimore, MD – September 13-14, 2023
- Impressions Expo Fort Worth, TX – September 14 – 16, 2023
- ABC’s – Design, Print, Market Workshop (At Impressions Expo Ft. Worth) Fort Worth, TX – September 13, 2023
- 5 Keys of Marketing Online – September 18-22, 2023
- ASI Show ConneX Nashville, TN – October 9-12, 2023
- Printing United Atlanta, GA – October 18-20, 2023
- ASI Orlando – January 3-4, 2024
- Impressions Expo Long Beach, CA – January 19-21, 2024
- International Personalization & Awards Expo Las Vegas, NV – February 6–9, 2024
- ASI Ft. Worth – March 5-6, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Irving, TX – March 7-9, 2024
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City, NJ – March 21 – 23, 2024
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach, CA – June 13-15, 2024
All dates and events subject to change