Stunning Laser and Vinyl Products with Industry Educator Lisa Potts
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 57:44 — 52.4MB) Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 57:44 — 52.4MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
Lisa Potts with Lisa Potts Designs will join the 2 Regular Guys this week. With nearly 10 years of decal and apparel experience, Lisa entered the world of laser cutting. In two years, she has gained over 20K followers on YouTube and Instagram. Lisa uses her expertise to teach others how to design and produce stunning products with home laser cutters and vinyl machines.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
- Campus Ink and Indiana University (IU) have announced an agreement to provide name, image, and likeness (NIL) merchandising opportunities for all IU student-athletes. According to a press release from the school, the NIL Store powered by Campus Ink will launch a complete merchandising store for IU student-athletes, featuring officially licensed shirseys (a “shirt jersey, i.e., essentially what the replica jerseys look like but printed on standard garments) and apparel. Every athlete will also have a personalized digital locker room to house their merchandise. Read more about it at IU’s website.
Dad Joke: How many writers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
Two – one to screw it most of the way in and the other to give it a surprise twist at the end
Set your Laser to Stunning
Aaron: Lisa Potts is the creator behind Lisa Potts Designs. With nearly ten years of decal and apparel experience, Lisa set out upon the exciting world of laser cutting. In two years, Lisa has gained a following of over 20K on YouTube and Instagram. She uses her expertise to teach others how to design and produce stunning products with home laser cutters and vinyl machines.
Terry: Most people accidentally become garment decorators. Tell us the story about how you started.
Aaron: We’re all about education and rising tides here. When did you decide you needed to help others?
Terry: Give us an idea about your process of helping people. How does someone go about engaging in your educational content?
Aaron: What are some of the biggest challenges you are seeing new people coming in facing?
Terry: As you know there is a lot of information out there on YouTube, not all of it good. What are you finding your followers are asking for the most? What do they need to be successful?
Terry: Outside of the Start Here Academy, you are out and about teaching at events as well. What is the #1 question you have been getting at the live events?
Aaron: I know it is still a little ways out, but we were able to get connected to you through the mutual project we are working on, The START HERE Academy, out in Charlotte on September 15th. Tell us a little about why you are excited to be speaking there. What can people expect?
Aaron: How can our listeners connect with you?
Facebook Live Video
5 Things to Remember When Teaching New Decorators
From Erich Campbell
- Everyone comes with a different body of experience.
- Foundational knowledge matters to growth.
- We all started from zero at some point.
- The introduction you give can color their feelings about the industry.
- Benefit from their ‘Beginner Mindset’
Be Part of #5Things
If you would like to present your 5 Things, five quick points on any subject whether it be advice or five instructional steps, we would love to hear from you. You can come on the show and present them yourself, or we will share your list with our listeners or even play a recorded video of you sharing 5 things. Whatever is easiest. https://www.2regularguys.com/5things/
- The Half – 11:30 AM CST every Friday. Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery. 30 minutes of Q&A. And this is the one time in Erich and Aaron’s life that 30 minutes is 30 minutes. Tune in at www.liveosg.com. See past episodes and support the show – thehalf.club.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting August 27-28, 2022.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting November 5-6, 2022.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s “Small Business Saturdays” #SBS Every Saturday. Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Make your machine embroidery bolder, more beautiful, and more valuable to customers while making the digitizing process faster and easier. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- Understanding Emblems Digitizing, Production, Styles, and Sales of Patches. Learn from Erich Campbell about digitizing for emblems including small detail tips, creating your own borders, as well as execution for stitching, and more. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Fridays at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide Your Style Guide is a critical recipe. When all of the ingredients are combined, they create a powerful brand that is aligned, consistent & memorable! eBook by Jay Busselle
- SkillsUSA National Leadership and Skills Conference Atlanta, GA – June 20-24, 2022
- Made2hustle.live Ft. Worth, TX – June 25-26, 2022
- Applique Getaway Dallas, TX – July 15-17, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Meadowlands, NJ – July 21-22, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach, CA – August 4-6, 2002
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte, NC – September 16-17, 2022
- START HERE Academy – September 15, 4-8 p.m., in Room 219 at the Charlotte Convention Center
- Sublimation Summit Peachtree City, GA – September 22-24, 2022
- Everything Embroidery Market Myrtle Beach, NC – September 22-24, 2022
- Impressions Expo Ft Worth, TX – September 30 – October 2, 2022
- Printing United Las Vegas, NV – October 19-21, 2022
All dates and events, subject to change
Please support our sponsors!
Our Success Group – Business Training, Consulting, and Support – Use the code 2rg to save on Monthly or Annual Membership plans.
This show is for the listeners, so please ask us questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Contact us via our Facebook Page if you have any events or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Instagram and YouTube.