Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. We are excited to welcome in one of the team members from Stahl’s TV to our show to give us very timely information about selling to Teams and how to manage those differences when it comes to Team Apparel. Stahls TV is one of the best sources of information when it comes to decoration in the industry. Stahls and their family of companies are the leaders in Team Apparel so we are excited to bring you details you can put into practice today to make your company better.
Sponsored by: SGIA.org | 2017 SGIA Expo in New Orleans – Oct 10-12
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Team Apparel Decoration Like the Pros
- School is starting, teams are forming, but start us off by telling us when the ideal time is to be chasing these Team Apparel orders.
- What are some of the biggest challenges a decorator might expect to face when promoting and decorating team apparel and what can they do to overcome those challenges?
- Can you also describe some of the decorating techniques people might use to best manage team apparel? You are most likely dealing with names and numbers at a minimum and maybe even some unique decorating locations
- From my days as a custom screen printer, it was the additional uniforms needed… new kid on the team, damaged uniform, etc. And sometimes those sponsors are screen printed. Suggestions here.
- If this is my niche and I really want to grow my team apparel business, what tips do you have for generating new customer here?
- My personal experience when dealing with individual teams rather than an entire league was not so much getting the sizes and numbers from a coach, but getting the sponsor information in a timely manner. Is your realm just the decorating, or do you coach your customers on the business as a whole? What kinds of business advice to you share?
- Maybe we need to break this down by types of teams, age groups, etc., but what would you guess the percentage of heat applied names and numbers are today compared with other decoration methods?
- In looking at the sheer fact of matching numbers front and back, the right name with the right number, any suggestions for team sellers to keep themselves organized? Who’s the ideal candidate to be a team decorator?
- Let’s talk about the order taking the process from the front end. How do you recommend sellers to make sure everyone on the team gets the right size, etc.?
Courtney Kubitza is the Educational Content Manager for Stahls’ TV She has been teaching customers heat printing within the apparel decorating industry since 2010. Her role in the apparel industry started with helping decorators expand their business with heat transfer vinyl and vinyl cutters. Since that time, Courtney has grown to help thousands of decorators from start-up entrepreneurs to seasoned veterans find new ways to use heat applied graphics. Courtney actively participates in educational workshops and seminars at industry trade shows including ISS, DAX, NBM, PPAI, and ASI helping garment decorators take their business to the next level.
ErichCampbell: You have to understand the individual culture of the schools and the influencers in the chain. Make their lives easy, and you will win
ErichCampbell: Great to hear from Courtney! 🙂 I hear they do great videos over there at Stahls’ TV. 😉 hehehe
ErichCampbell: Classic cut vinyl is just *the* choice for naming and numbering.
AaronMontgomery: Welcome Erich!
ErichCampbell: Greetings! Glad to be in; even if I am all alone in the chat today. Hehehe.
AaronMontgomery: LOL – Everyone must be on their last summer break before getting back to the grind.
ErichCampbell: The folks at Stahls’ are awesome at education. It was awesome getting to visit with Courtney.
ErichCampbell: I’d love to do it again. 🙂
ErichCampbell: They are awesome to work with.
ErichCampbell: A ton of us are all teaching to this topic right now; we just did an ebook and we’ll be doing a webinar very soon. 🙂 Ebook: https://www.deconetwork.com/sports-sponsorship-ebook Webinar: https://www.deconetwork.com/coach-a-sports-sponsorship-deal-webinar
ErichCampbell: Did some videos, but don’t know when they are going live. 🙂
ErichCampbell: You missed your shot, Terry! Self promotion, dude! 😉
ErichCampbell: There’s also a lot of turnover in schools; you never now when a new team mom will be in charge. 😉
ErichCampbell: You just need to stay visible and do the work.
ErichCampbell: Now that’s a gafffe. 🙂
ErichCampbell: And listen to 2RG!!!
ErichCampbell: Totally! DecoShow! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElBKp_zC0Mk
ErichCampbell: Awesome. Get out there to PA.
ErichCampbell: Love the 5 things today; getting that team is awesome.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Atlas Screen in Chicago – Aug 5-6
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Workhorse Products in Phoenix – Aug 26-27
- Getting Smart with Some Simple Marketing Strategies – ISS Orlando Seminar – Sept 9
- How to Make Money with Digital Decorating – Mind’s Eye Graphics in Northeast Indiana – Oct 6-7
- NBM Secaucus – Aug 17 – 19
- ISS Orlando – Sep 7 – 9
- NBM Denver – Sep 8 – 9
- ISS Ft. Worth – Sep 22 – 24
- SGIA (Specialty Graphic Imaging Association) – Oct 10 – 12
- NBM Charlotte – Oct 26 – 28
Screen Printing: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Direct to Garment: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Scheduling and Estimating Production Time for Garment Screen Printing Just $2.99 as an e-book
This show is brought to you for a full hour by:
Specialty Graphics Imaging Association – SGIA will continually strive to be the foremost resource for information and education within the specialty imaging industry. SGIA supports the digital and screen printing community in the USA and Canada by providing services and activities specific to their interests. While the majority of SGIA services and activities are specific to US and Canada, SGIA will continue to partner with national and regional associations around the globe to continually develop the international community. The SGIA National Affiliation Program brings together a multinational community to enhance awareness and encourage the exchange of information. Supporting the Leaders of the Digital and Screen Printing Community
Equipment Zone, with 20 years experience selling garment printing equipment nationwide. Equipment Zone offers the new Epson F2000 SureColor direct-to-garment printer, their own VelociJet-XL DTG printer, and the all new SpeedTreater-TX automatic pretreat machine with a full 16”x24” pretreat area. Equipment Zone also carries a full line of DTG inks and supplies. Go to EquipmentZone.com
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter, Instagram or Google +. You can also find information over at our YouTube Page.