This Friday the 2 Regular Guys will welcome in Sheila Ryan. The conversation will cover the creative process and good embroidery design principles. The Creative Process is vital to all garment and product decorators, so this week’s show will have something for everyone!
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
REGGIE Award nomination reminder… https://2regularguys.com/reggies
Dad Joke: Why do demons and ghouls hang out together?
Because demons are a ghoul’s best friend!
The Creative Process
Aaron: Sheila Ryan has been digitizing embroidery designs professionally for nearly four years, and sewing for boutiques and custom orders for the last 15 years. Not being afraid of new challenges and opportunities has driven her to try new things, explore new business avenues and expand her reach to new markets. Sheila loves the tech and business side of the process almost as much as the making of the physical things.
Terry: Tell us a little bit about how you get involved in the industry. How did you get where you are today?
Aaron: You’ve talked with us about the creative process, and from looking at your offerings online, we know you consistently create new designs and concepts. How would you describe your approach to the creative process?
Terry: We’re all about education here at 2RG. Let’s talk about how you share with individuals and businesses how to develop their own creative process.
Aaron: Education isn’t just for those of us on this side of the counter; we know you feel strongly about educating customers on how to recognize quality embroidery- what are the most important things you tell customers to look for?
Terry: You shared with us that as much as you love to teach technique, you are also passionate about helping people make that move from hobby into business; What’s the biggest challenge you find new ‘sellers’ facing when they make the switch?
Aaron: In your bio we talked about exploring new business avenues and expanding into new markets. Let’s talk about your experience, and then advice to other businesses.
Terry: Aaron saw a new podcast in your future. What void in the broadcast marketplace are you looking to fill?
Aaron: Terry and I have faced challenges over the years. What challenges have you encountered on your podcast road?
Terry: Let’s end with a quick embroidery question for all of the stitchers listening in: What’s your favorite thread, project, or technique you’ve been playing with lately? What’s exciting in your ‘lab’ lately?
Aaron: If people want to find out more about what you have going on, where can they find you?
Facebook Live Video
5 things New Makers can consider when figuring out what to sell and how to price things
From Shelia Ryan – DesignsbyBabymoon.com
- Visit places where things similar to what you want to offer are being offered.
- Put your own spin on your products.
- Start with a Unique Set of Materials
- Consider your pricing – Its OK to make a profit
- Look at the price of things that are produced by factories
Be Part of #5Things
If you would like to present your 5 Things, five quick points on any subject whether it be advice or five instructional steps, we would love to hear from you. You can come on the show and present them yourself, or we will share your list with our listeners or even play a recorded video of you sharing 5 things. Whatever is easiest.
- 5 Keys of Business Success Growing and Launching – This experience includes over 5 hours of training videos, with 25 specific detailed modules. There are 5 distinct keys with 26 homework assignments to help you take action and put this training to work in your business. You will gain the confidence to grow and launch your business with guardrails to steer you away from catastrophe.
- The Half – 11:30 AM CST every Friday. Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery. 30 minutes of Q&A. And this is the one time in Erich and Aaron’s life that 30 minutes is 30 minutes. Tune in at www.liveosg.com. See past episodes and support the show – thehalf.club.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Workhorse Products in Phoenix on October 23-24.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting November 6-7.
- OurSuccessGroup.Com – Success Business Training. Our missing is to provide resources that empower business owners to achieve their idea of success.
- Club OSG – Live videos and information from After Hours of Tuesday’s With Todd and Small Business Saturdays. Plus 10% off at MontCo.biz and FatDadWholesale.com
- The Success Tracker – A program from OSG, to get people started on achieving their goals.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s “Small Business Saturdays” #SBS Every Saturday. Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Make your machine embroidery bolder, more beautiful, and more valuable to customers while making the digitizing process faster and easier. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- Understanding Emblems Digitizing, Production, Styles, and Sales of Patches. Learn from Erich Campbell digitizing for emblems including small detail tips, creating your own borders, as well as execution for stitching, and more. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Friday’s at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide Your Style Guide is a critical recipe. When all of the ingredients are combined, they create a powerful brand that is aligned, consistent & memorable! eBook by Jay Busselle
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte, NC – October 29-30, 2021
- Impressions Expo Long Beach, CA – January 21-23, 2022
- DAX Kansas City Kansas City, MO – February 25-26, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Irving, TX – March 10-12, 2022
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City, NJ – March 24-26, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Denver, CO – April 14-15, 2022
- DAX Chicagoland Tinley Park, IL – April 22-23, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Indianapolis, IN – June 2-4, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Meadowlands, NL – July 21-22, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach, CA – August 4-6, 2002
- Impressions Expo Ft Worth, TX – September 30 – October 2, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte, NC – September 16-17, 2022
- Printing United Las Vegas, NV – October 19-21, 2022
All dates and events, subject to change
Please support our sponsors!
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter and Instagram. You can also find information on our YouTube Page.