Welcome to the start of season 10 of 2 Regular Guys! Laurie Donovan will join the 2 Regular Guys this Friday to talk about her journey from a crafting corner in her kitchen to becoming a Sawgrass Product Ambassador and an instructor at Creative Studio Workshops. You too can take a similar journey with your business.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
- GRAPHICS PRO EXPO (GPX) wraps up the expo season with START HERE Academy in Charlotte, N.C., providing valuable start-up resources, information, education, and production methods for apparel decoration, personalization, signage, wide-format printing, and more. START HERE Academy takes place the evening before GRAPHICS PRO EXPO opens on September 15, 4-8 p.m., at the Charlotte Convention Center. Registration opens on June 14. During the class, enrollees receive information on popular production methods for apparel decoration, personalization, signs, and digital graphics. This night-school-style conference provides attendees a chance to exchange ideas, explore new products, workshop their challenges, and hear from industry influencers regarding today’s craft/maker business market. Food and refreshments are included.
Go here for more info: https://graphics-pro-expo.com/start-here-academy/
An interesting announcement from JP Hunt with Inksoft. Also, a similar note comes from Bruce Ackerman at Printavo. Blue Star Innovation Partners and PSG have acquired InkSoft and Printavo to invest in accelerating a shared mission of delivering the best platform and technology for the branded merchandise industry. JP says, there will be no significant changes in the short term, and we’ll share regular updates and insights with you as this new partnership and journey develops. Read more HERE
Dad Joke: Did you know I wrote a book on how to fall down the stairs?
It’s a step by step guide
Novice to Educator
Aaron: Laurie Donovan began her business, Krafty Korner Gifts, in the corner of her kitchen with a single needle embroidery machine. Within a year she wanted to do more. Laurie said she had been wanting a Sawgrass printer for about 10 years and one night impulsively purchased an SG400. She knew nothing about the printer or sublimation. Fast forward to owning her printer for nearly 2 years and she was signing a contract with Sawgrass to be a product ambassador and teach the Creative studio program. Covid 19 changed the road map on how her journey as a Sawgrass ambassador was supposed to start. She went from planning several different ways to market the workshops to “HEY you start in two weeks and by the way, you are your own marketing department.” Aside from the lockdowns, masks, and turmoil during this journey, Laurie says she would not change a thing. Still learning as much as she is teaching, Laurie has found her dream space in this industry.
Terry: Laurie, take us back to that small space in the corner of your kitchen. Talk about how you got started from the very beginning.
Aaron: And tell us about your business today.
Terry: How did you go from a machine owner to a Product Ambassador for Sawgrass.
Aaron: What exactly is a Product Ambassador? How many are you?
Terry: Talk to us about the Creative Studio Workshops. Who can attend? What will they learn?
Aaron: So why Sawgrass? Many of the hobby to business groups are littered with 3rd party ink, and non-purpose built printers. Why did you choose Sawgrass?
Terry: As you know we recently had a friend of yours on, Nicky Adamkiewicz. We asked her a question we want to ask you about sublimation – What are your favorite items to decorate? And what product makes you groan just a little when a customer brings it up?
Aaron: Tell people where they can find out more information about the work you do for both Sawgrass and at Krafty Korner Gifts.
Facebook Live Video
5 Things to Get your Company Winning
From Victor Pena, Omni Print International
- Goal Structuring
- Educate Yourself
- Work Hard – It’s Not Easy
- Create Content to Put Your Company Out there AND See it Grow
Tune in to the full episode with Victor “Building a Millionaire Brand and Growth Mindset”
Be Part of #5Things
If you would like to present your 5 Things, five quick points on any subject whether it be advice or five instructional steps, we would love to hear from you. You can come on the show and present them yourself, or we will share your list with our listeners or even play a recorded video of you sharing 5 things. Whatever is easiest.
- The Half – 11:30 AM CST every Friday. Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery. 30 minutes of Q&A. And this is the one time in Erich and Aaron’s life that 30 minutes is 30 minutes. Tune in at www.liveosg.com. See past episodes and support the show – thehalf.club.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Workhorse Products in Phoenix on February 19-20, 2022.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting March 5-6, 2022.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting May 21-22, 2022.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting August 27-28, 2022.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting November 5-6, 2022.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s “Small Business Saturdays” #SBS Every Saturday. Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Make your machine embroidery bolder, more beautiful, and more valuable to customers while making the digitizing process faster and easier. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- Understanding Emblems Digitizing, Production, Styles, and Sales of Patches. Learn from Erich Campbell digitizing for emblems including small detail tips, creating your own borders, as well as execution for stitching, and more. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Friday’s at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide Your Style Guide is a critical recipe. When all of the ingredients are combined, they create a powerful brand that is aligned, consistent & memorable! eBook by Jay Busselle
- DAX Kansas City Kansas City, MO – February 25-26, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Irving, TX – March 10-12, 2022
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City, NJ – March 24-26, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Denver, CO – April 14-15, 2022
- DAX Chicagoland Tinley Park, IL – April 22-23, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Indianapolis, IN – June 2-4, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Meadowlands, NL – July 21-22, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach, CA – August 4-6, 2002
- Impressions Expo Ft Worth, TX – September 30 – October 2, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte, NC – September 16-17, 2022
- Printing United Las Vegas, NV – October 19-21, 2022
All dates and events, subject to change
Please support our sponsors!
This show is for the listeners, so please ask us questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Contact us via our Facebook Page if you have any events or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Instagram and YouTube.