We welcome Missy Losey and Kylene Montgomery for the Women in Garment Decorating episode for the 2nd quarter of 2021. We bring in these two rockstars to talk about the power of masterminding, community, and how to engage in the community both online and offline. How do these two amazing people engage, what do they specifically do to develop relationships, and what does it do for them and their community.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Aaron: Screen Printing magazine is seeking your nominations for its second annual Women in Screen Printing Awards. The awards honor today’s female leaders in the industry who, through their careers, industry involvement, and philanthropic roles, have sparked innovation, spurred business growth, improved their communities, and enhanced the screen printing industry.
Six women will be selected for recognition. Nominees must hold a leadership position at a company that produces screen printing as its primary function. Honorees will appear in the Screen Printing magazine August/September issue. The winners of the inaugural Women in Screen Printing Awards program were announced in September of 2020. Deadline to submit is July 5th.
Aaron: July 2nd is our Beginning of the End of the Pandemic Cocktail Party. Head over to https://www.2regularguys.com/party/ to get the details and even add it to your calendar after registering.
July 2, 2021 at 4:30 PM Pacific | 5:30 PM Mountain | 6:30 PM Central | 7:30 PM Eastern.
Terry: Lisa Welsh podcast, on Twitter she’s at @NotDoneYet18. Where Cancer Slayers gather to sharpen their edge. positive podcast providing support for all things cancer for both patients, caregivers, & non-profits.
Terry: Skills USA this past week.
She said, “Why do we need walkie-talkies? Our relationship is over.”
He said, “Our relationship is what? Over.”
The Power of Masterminding
Terry: Welcome to the Women of Garment Decorating podcast. Thanks for being here to share. Can you both just quickly share your business and what you do? Missy let’s start with you.
Aaron: The show is called the power of masterminding, so let’s start there. You are both part of the Masters of Success, which Missy has accurately described as a business advisory board. Before going into it, what were your expectations of being in a mastermind group and how have they changed since then? Kylene please start.
Terry: What has been the most powerful experience of being a part of a group of like-minded women? Missy?
Aaron: The other part of a mastermind is being part of a community. What are some other communities outside of your mastermind that have been important to you? Kylene?
Terry: Can you both share some tips with us as to how you go about engaging with a community whether that be your own or part of another group? Kylene?
Aaron: As women, how have you found the communities inside of the Decorators Community to be for you as what can sometimes feel like a male-dominated industry? Missy?
Terry: What would you say to others who are on the fence about joining a mastermind program? What can it do for them? Missy?
Facebook Live Video
5 Things you might not know about 2 Regular Guys
- First Episode was on February 1, 2013
- Today is our 407th episode
- Terry and I met when we worked together at U.S. Screen Printing Institute
- The First Guest we had Scheduled no Showed – Jimmy Lamb
- Erich was ACTUALLY Digitizing at the same time we had him on the show the first time.
Be Part of #5Things
If you would like to present your 5 Things, five quick points on any subject whether it be advice or five instructional steps, we would love to hear from you. You can come on the show and present them yourself, or we will share your list with our listeners or even play a recorded video of you sharing 5 things. Whatever is easiest.
- The Half – 11:30 AM CST every Friday. Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery. 30 minutes of Q&A. And this is the one time in Erich and Aaron’s life that 30 minutes is 30 minutes. Tune in at www.liveosg.com . See past episodes and support the show – thehalf.club.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Workhorse Products in Phoenix starting July 10-11
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting August 21-22.
- OurSuccessGroup.Com – Success Business Training. Our missing is to provide resources that empower business owners to achieve their idea of success.
- Club OSG – Live videos and information from After Hours of Tuesday’s With Todd and Small Business Saturdays. Plus 10% off at at MontCo.biz and FatDadWholesale.com
- The Success Tracker – A program from OSG, to get people started on achieving their goals.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s Online Video Series “Small Business Saturdays” #SBSVideos Every Saturday
- Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Online Training from Erich Campbell
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Friday’s at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide eBook by Jay Busselle
- DAX Kansas City – July 9-10, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Meadowlands – July 15-16, 2021
- The Applique Getaway Dallas/Fort Worth, TX – Jule 23-25, 2021
- DAX Minnesota – August 3-4, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach – August 12-14, 2021
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City – August 26-28, 2021
- DAX Chicagoland – August 27-28, 2021
- Impressions Expo Ft Worth – September 10-12, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Pittsburgh – September 24-25, 2021
- Printing United Orlando – October 6-8, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte – October 29-30, 2021
All dates and events, subject to change
Please support our sponsors!
This show is for the listeners, so please ask us questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Contact us via our Facebook Page if you have any events or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Instagram and YouTube.