(Sponsored by GRAPHICS PRO EXPO) This week Aaron and Terry will be talking about the funny, the perplexing, and yes, the great comments and questions they’ve heard at trade shows. And maybe a few suggestions for what you should be asking as you walk the floor. They’ll open the show with Jamar Laster from Impressions to talk about the upcoming Impressions Expo in Atlantic City.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
- Got a very nice email from someone helping us with a potential spelling issue on our site “I thought I would mention that it looks like the word “bleu” is spelled incorrectly on your website. I’ve seen some tools to help with problems like this such as SpellAlert.com or WebsiteChecker.com. I just thought you should know!” First thanks for the website ideas. Second, Terry, can you explain why that is not a spelling error?
Aaron Embroidered – https://youtu.be/1of2wT6LbNE?t=590
Dad Joke – From Aaron’s Dad so fitting: Prison is just one word to you, but for some people…
it’s a whole sentence.
Interesting Things People Say to Us at Trade Shows
The “why not” customer
“Where I come from you can’t sell a printed shirt for more than $5.00.”
“Nobody can make money with that equipment.”
The “blinded by the price” customer
“How much is it?”
“How much is the ink?”
The “blinded by the sales pitch” customer
“Why do you have to pretreat but those guys don’t?”
“Why is your print $2.00 and their print is only $0.12.”
“With our machine you can use a 72dpi file and it will print beautifully.”
The “I’m smarter than you” customer
“Why would I buy this when I could buy that instead?”
“I could build that myself.”
“Yeah, I know all that.” And proceeds to spew incorrect internet facts.
“My buddy in the industry told me all the big screen printers and digital decorators have already pushed the little guys out.”
The “I just game the system” customer
“Yeah, I won’t pay the $1,000 for your software. Whenever I need to use it I just download the trial to a new email address.” Good for you, that’s pretty smart. Since you’re telling me, I guess you’re pretty proud of it. It’s stealing but hey.
The “I just need to take about two hours of your time” customer
“I’ve got my machine here in this wagon. Could you take a look at it? I’m getting some banding.”
“Could you teach me how to… use Photoshop… fix these five files for me…”
“I’ve got a flash drive and I need you to print these 10 images for me.”
Facebook Live Video
5 Good Questions to Ask at Trade Shows
- “Is this equipment/product right for my business?”
- “What does a complete package cost?”
- “What kind of training will I get?”
- “What kind of support do you offer?”
- “Could you give me the contact information for a few of your customers?”
Be Part of #5Things
If you would like to present your 5 Things, five quick points on any subject whether it be advice or five instructional steps, we would love to hear from you. You can come on the show and present them yourself, or we will share your list with our listeners or even play a recorded video of you sharing 5 things. Whatever is easiest.
- 5 Keys of Business Success Growing and Launching – This experience includes over 5 hours of training videos, with 25 specific detailed modules. There are 5 distinct keys with 26 homework assignments to help you take action and put this training to work in your business. You will gain the confidence to grow and launch your business with guardrails to steer you away from catastrophe. All this with email support with less than 24 hour response times from a certified Success Principles Coaching team.
- The Half – 11:30 AM CST every Friday. Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery. 30 minutes of Q&A. And this is the one time in Erich and Aaron’s life that 30 minutes is 30 minutes. Tune in at www.liveosg.com. See past episodes and support the show – thehalf.club.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Workhorse Products in Phoenix starting July 10-11
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting November 6-7.
- OurSuccessGroup.Com – Success Business Training. Our missing is to provide resources that empower business owners to achieve their idea of success.
- Club OSG – Live videos and information from After Hours of Tuesday’s With Todd and Small Business Saturdays. Plus 10% off at MontCo.biz and FatDadWholesale.com
- The Success Tracker – A program from OSG, to get people started on achieving their goals.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s “Small Business Saturdays” #SBS Every Saturday. Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Make your machine embroidery bolder, more beautiful, and more valuable to customers while making the digitizing process faster and easier. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- Understanding Emblems Digitizing, Production, Styles, and Sales of Patches. Learn from Erich Campbell digitizing for emblems including small detail tips, creating your own borders, as well as execution for stitching, and more. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Friday’s at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide Your Style Guide is a critical recipe. When all of the ingredients are combined, they create a powerful brand that is aligned, consistent & memorable! eBook by Jay Busselle
- The Applique Getaway Dallas/Fort Worth, TX – Jule 23-25, 2021
- DAX Minnesota – August 3-4, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach – August 12-14, 2021
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City – August 26-28, 2021
- DAX Chicagoland – August 27-28, 2021
- Impressions Expo Ft Worth – September 10-12, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Pittsburgh – September 24-25, 2021
- Printing United Orlando – October 6-8, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte – October 29-30, 2021
All dates and events, subject to change
Please support our sponsors!
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter and Instagram. You can also find information on our YouTube Page.