(Sponsored by PRINTING United) This week Aaron and Terry are going to discuss some time management tips that can help you feel less overwhelmed. We hear over and over again, “How can I get everything done?” and as we recover and get back to business, we need to be operating at peak efficiency to make up for lost business. Aaron is going to share some tips that they teach inside of Our Success Group and if you would like to learn more, visit oursuccessgroup.com
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Terry: We did some binge-watching on Netflix over the Memorial Day weekend. I thought Emily in Paris, which is basically Sex in the City set in Paris for a new generation, made some profound comments on the old guard of business meeting the need for good social media marketing. Watch it (or watch it again) and determine if you have truly embraced the need for social media marketing, or are one of those characters who think this type of marketing doesn’t fit your very special and mature image.
Aaron: Recently Graphics Pro magazine posted a great article about the supply chain woes people are facing and will continue to face. Todd Downing from Our Success Group was quoted in the article talking about being transparent with customers “We told them about the shutdowns overseas, the ships sitting in ports, import companies working at one-fourth of the staff, and how that all meant that we just didn’t know anything, but as soon as we could, we would.” he continued “customers we were able to serve in these tumultuous times are happy and thankful. The customers we couldn’t help were understood due to full transparency.” Read more and hear from others in the industry too at https://graphics-pro.com/feature/custom-graphics-industry-faces-supply-chain-woes/
Dad Joke: What is a Walruses’ favorite type of gum?
Courtesy of 10 year old, Lewis Montgomery
Time Management Tips
Terry: What is the first step in improving your time management?
Terry: Let’s talk about email. Like it or not, it is still one of the main business communication tools, so what is your strategy?
Terry: How about Social Media, Text Messages, Messengers, DM, and other communication methods?
Have a capture system
Terry: So far we have talked about organizing, but at this point, people will probably just have big long lists of to-dos. What is next?
Prioritize – Automate – Do Dump Delegate
Skip? Terry: What are some of the things you have seen from some of the most successful time managers out there?
We all have the same 24 hours – Be rigid about your system – Borrow from places like David Allen Getting Things Done
Terry: So what do you say to those folks who are just overwhelmed and frozen because they have so much to do?
Priority Management – Mindset – Elephant
Aaron: We really have just scratched the surface of this. I have created an entire system, and this topic fits perfectly as we just finished a full training this Wednesday night for the OSG Members. If people are interested in more, they can become a member as members get access to all the live training coming up and all of the past training we have done. www.oursuccessgroup.com/memberships
I have one last question for you though as a fellow time management nerd, what is your number one tip?
Facebook Live Video
5 Things to do Everyday
- Do one thing to develop your business. Even if it’s just handing out a business card.
- Do one thing for yourself. Find some beauty in the world. Take a moment and relax. Breathe. Bike to work. Hit the gym. Or maybe, just don’t inhale.
- Do one thing for someone else, looking for nothing in return.
- Do one thing to lend closure to the past. Even if that means finally getting old invoices out.
- Clear out your inbox. (Timely given our topic today!)
Courtesy of Brian Bailie from Embrilliance by Brintonleap
Be Part of #5Things
If you would like to present your 5 Things, five quick points on any subject whether it be advice or five instructional steps, we would love to hear from you. You can come on the show and present them yourself, or we will share your list with our listeners or even play a recorded video of you sharing 5 things. Whatever is easiest.
- The Half – 11:30 AM CST every Friday. Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery. 30 minutes of Q&A. And this is the one time in Erich and Aaron’s life that 30 minutes is 30 minutes. Tune in at www.liveosg.com . See past episodes and support the show – thehalf.club.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Workhorse Products in Phoenix starting July 10-11
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting August 21-22.
- OurSuccessGroup.Com – Success Business Training. Our missing is to provide resources that empower business owners to achieve their idea of success.
- Club OSG – Live videos and information from After Hours of Tuesday’s With Todd and Small Business Saturdays. Plus 10% off at at MontCo.biz and FatDadWholesale.com
- The Success Tracker – A program from OSG, to get people started on achieving their goals.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s Online Video Series “Small Business Saturdays” #SBSVideos Every Saturday
- Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Online Training from Erich Campbell
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Friday’s at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide eBook by Jay Busselle
- Graphics Pro Expo Indianapolis – June 15-17, 2021
- DAX Kansas City – July 9-10, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Meadowlands – July 15-16, 2021
- The Applique Getaway Dallas/Fort Worth, TX – Jule 23-25, 2021
- DAX Minnesota – August 3-4, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach – August 12-14, 2021
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City – August 26-28, 2021
- DAX Chicagoland – August 27-28, 2021
- Impressions Expo Ft Worth – September 10-12, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Pittsburgh – September 24-25, 2021
- Printing United Orlando – October 6-8, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte – October 29-30, 2021
All dates and events, subject to change
Please support our sponsors!
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter and Instagram. You can also find information on our YouTube Page.