Transfers with Neenah Paper
Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. Heat Transfer Paper has been a staple of our industry for years and with the recent uptick in the laser transfer market, Terry and Aaron invited a guest from the paper company who has been the gold standard in transfer paper for years. We are excited to welcome Charlie Myers to talk all things Transfers with Neenah Paper. We will get into the history of Neenah and Transfer Paper, talk about what they are seeing today with the transfer paper market and what the future might hold.
Sponsored by: EnMart
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys is all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. For the past two years, 2 Regular Guys has been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!!
Transfers with Neenah Paper
- Give us a little history of Neenah Paper and your company’s history with Transfer Paper
- How long have you been with Neenah and tell us your experience with Transfer Paper
- Let’s start on the inkjet side of transfers, quickly tell us about the inkjet papers your company offers.
- So what sets apart a paper like the ones you offer from a transfer paper I can go get at WalMart and apply it with my home iron?
- How do you deal with application issues?
- What would be a true paper quality issue?
- Do you have any tips for people using inkjet transfers that might make their lives easier?
- OK, let’s move onto laser transfer here. Give us a quick run down of the offering on the Laser side of heat transfers that your company offers.
As far as a history of laser transfers, what do you think the reason that laser or CLC transfers were so popular 10 to 15 years ago and then went out of style for a bit and are now coming back into being a strong part of the transfer market?
- Let’s talk about to emergence of 11 x 17 desktop machines and how that is changing the market
- How about putting white graphics on dark garments, how has that changed since 2009?
- With laser transfers does the heat press make a difference in application ease?
- Now let’s step back a bit and take a little more of an overall look at the transfer market place now. What are you guys seeing today? Stability, growth, decline and maybe explain why?
- So why should someone out there who is looking to get into the transfer market or are maybe already in it select Neenah Paper. What makes you guys different from the rest?
- Any guesses or educated guesses for that matter about what we can expect with the future of the heat transfer market?
- So are there any other items / markets or products that are around our industry we should keep an eye out for?
- Finally how can people find out more about Neenah Paper or Heat Transfers?
Charlie Myers is the Specialty Sales Manager for Neenah Paper’s Performance Materials Business. Charlie has been with Neenah Paper for 21 years and has worked with their Heat Transfer Papers for 12 years. Charlie has a degree in Chemistry and lives in Nashville Tennessee where he enjoys triathlons and water skiing on the weekends.
- ISS Ft Worth – 10/15 to 10/17
- SGIA Atlanta – 11/4 to 11/6
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago – November 14-16
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Workhorse Products in Phoenix – January 2016
Screen Printing: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Direct to Garment: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Scheduling and Estimating Production Time for Garment Screen Printing Just $2.99 as an e-book
This show is brought to you for a full hour by: EnMart, While EnMart is well-known as a supplier of quality garment decoration supplies and accessories, we pride ourselves on being more than just a seller of products. At EnMart, we are here for our customers, to inspire, educate, and provide the tools to help grow their businesses.
Whether your interests lie in sublimation, embroidery, or any other garment decoration, EnMart’s knowledgeable and experienced team is here to help in any way they can.
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter or Google +. You can also find information over at our You Tube Page.