In this episode of 2 Regular Guys, we talk with Vik Patel, founder of Craft Express, about how to make that leap. Vik shares his insights on why the transition from hobbyist to entrepreneur may not be as daunting as you think, especially when it comes to sublimation and other apparel decorating techniques. Vik will also discuss how sublimation has made it easier than ever for hobbyists to start their own businesses. Join us as we explore the world of crafting, entrepreneurship, and the many ways you can turn your passion for creating into a profitable business.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants, lectures, or selling. 2 Regular Guys was not created for our employers but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened-to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will improve your business and our industry. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list, and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
🏆🤑 Ready to have clarity and confidence in your business? 🥇🎯 Got to https://oursuccessgroup.com/tryosg
If you have anything newsworthy you would like us to share, please email details to email@example.com. Use the subject line “Weekly News.”
Don’t accept friend requests from Taco Bell…
They’re nacho friends.
Craft Passion into Profit
Aaron: Vik, tell our listeners a little about yourself and your background in the industry.
Terry: Before we get further into the business, let’s talk about what drives people to come into decoration from the hobbyist side of things. What role do you think creativity plays for makers and what does that mean for makers considering a transition to business?
Aaron: What’s your definition of a hobby as compared with a side hustle or what most people recognize as a traditional business? Is it revenue that separates them, or is it something more?
Terry: When and why should makers think about making the transition from hobbyist to business? What makes going commercial a good fit?
Aaron: When preparing to make the leap, what’s the first thing a hobbyist should do to get prepared? How should a hobbyist plan for a successful start?
Terry: We know that any business takes time and money to operate, but what ‘costs’ should hobbyists making the transition watch for? What keeps people from taking the leap?
Aaron: Most people fixate on production ability or decoration options when they move into business, how much should a hobbyist expect to upgrade equipment? How important is ramping up, or can early businesses get by at first with a hobbyist shop?
Terry: What advice would you give someone on the precipice of taking that leap into building a side hustle? What should they be concerned about, and what is it that people worry too much about?
Aaron: Thank you for all of that awesome insight! Where can people find you and find more of what you do?
- The Half – 11:30 AM CST every Friday. Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery. Thirty minutes of Q&A. See past episodes and support the show – thehalf.club.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting April 22-23, 2023.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Workhorse Products in Phoenix, AZ, starting June 3-4, 2023.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s “Small Business Saturdays” #SBS Every Saturday. Check out the Podcast version!
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Make your machine embroidery bolder, more beautiful, and more valuable to customers while making the digitizing process faster and easier. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- Understanding Emblems Digitizing, Production, Styles, and Sales of Patches. Learn from Erich Campbell about digitizing for emblems, including small detail tips, creating your own borders, execution for stitching, and more.
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Fridays at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide is a critical recipe. When all of the ingredients are combined, they create a powerful brand that is aligned, consistent & memorable! eBook by Jay Busselle
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte, NC – April 27-28, 2023
- Sublimation Summit Peachtree City, GA – April 27-29, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Indianapolis, IN – June 15-16, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Portland, OR – July 19-20, 2023
- ASI Chicago – July 25-27, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach, CA – August 18-19, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Baltimore, MD – September 13-14, 2023
- Impressions Expo Fort Worth, TX – September 14 – 16, 2023
- ASI Show ConneX Nashville, TN – October 9-12, 2023
- Printing United Atlanta, GA – October 18-20, 2023
- ASI Orlando – January 3-4, 2024
- Impressions Expo Long Beach, CA – January 19-21, 2024
- International Personalization & Awards Expo Las Vegas, NV – February 6–9, 2024
- ASI Ft. Worth – March 5-6, 2023
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City, NJ – March 21 – 23, 2024
All dates and events subject to change