Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. We are welcoming into the show Jesse Martinez of Matsui International Company, Inc. to give us the low down on Water Based Screenprinting. We are going to talk about the systems available today, why a die-hard plastisol printer should give these new systems a look and more. Come to ask your question about water-based printing and learn a ton from an industry expert.
Sponsored by: SGIA.org
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Specialty Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA), Fairfax, Va., announced Rachel Thomas has joined SGIA as the new director of exhibit services. In this role, she will oversee the SGIA Expo and upcoming PRINTING United trade show floors, as well as manage exhibitors’ experiences. “We are excited to have Rachel join our department. She has worked on a wide variety of events and her years of experience gives her the skills to help improve our shows in the years to come,” says Lexy Olisko, SGIA’s vice president of expositions.
Effective August 11th – New Industrial Cleaning Solvent Rules in Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania’s Department of Environmental Protection has released its final rules for Industrial Cleaning Solvent activities in the commonwealth. SGIA had provided comments to the state asking for consideration for both screen and digital printing activities. The final rule does acknowledge both. Read more about it at SGIA.org
Water Based Discharge vs Water Based Acrylics
Aaron: Jesse Martinez with Matsui International is joining the show today. Jesse and I go way back together the industry. Jesse, welcome to the show!
- How fast is the water base demand growing and why?
- Can you give an update of all the current water base solutions available?
- What is the best use for the systems mentioned in the last question?
- Is there a Pantone mixing software?
- Why do you offer additives and when should they be used?
- Why is water base different now from 15-20 years ago?
- What new products can we look forward to from Matsui?
Facebook Live Video
- Aaron’s Online Video Series “Small Business Saturdays” #SBSVideos Every Saturday Morning
- Screen Print Master Class: Stepping Up to the Next Level – Phoenix, AZ – Aug. 25-26
- September 13 & 15 – NNEP Embroidery and Digitizing Conference in Indianapolis
- October 17th. 1 PM to 4:30 PM The Day Before SGIA – Essential Small Business Strategies – Marketing Your Business Online
- Friday, October 19th 10:30 am – Digital Marketing: Growing Your Business with Social Media and Email Marketing
- Saturday, October 27th – Shirt Lab Pro – Columbus, OH
- NBM Secaucus, NJ – August 24-25, 2018
- ISS Orlando – September 6-8, 2018
- NBM Indianapolis – September 13-15, 2018
- ISS Ft. Worth, TX – September 27-29, 2018
- SGIA Expo – Las Vegas, NV – October 18-20, 2018
- NBM Charlotte, NC – November 2-3, 2018
- ASI Orlando – January 3-5, 2019
- PPAI Expo – January 13-17, 2019
- ISS Long Beach – January 18-20, 2019
- NBM Phoenix – February 1-2, 2019
This show is brought to you for a full hour by:
Specialty Graphics Imaging Association – SGIA will continually strive to be the foremost resource for information and education within the specialty imaging industry. SGIA supports the digital and screen printing community in the USA and Canada by providing services and activities specific to their interests. While the majority of SGIA services and activities are specific to US and Canada, SGIA will continue to partner with national and regional associations around the globe to continually develop the international community. The SGIA National Affiliation Program brings together a multinational community to enhance awareness and encourage the exchange of information. Supporting the Leaders of the Digital and Screen Printing Community
Equipment Zone, with 20 years experience selling garment printing equipment nationwide. Equipment Zone offers the new Epson F2000 SureColor direct-to-garment printer, their own VelociJet-XL DTG printer, and the all-new SpeedTreater-TX automatic pretreat machine with a full 16”x24” pretreat area. Equipment Zone also carries a full line of DTG inks and supplies. Go to EquipmentZone.com
SubliSource – Sublimation just got easier with the launch of sublisource.com, the new US distributor for Best Sublimation. Our mission is to help our partners grow with a different way of doing business compared to all the “Me too” distributors in the United States.
Please support our sponsors!
Impressions Expo – Use the Promo Code RegularGuysIE for a FREE Expo Pass!
Printavo – Printavo has a free trial and demo which you can sign up for at their website
Award-Winning Custom Transfers For the Garment Industry – AceTransCo.com
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter and Instagram. You can also find information on our YouTube Page.