Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast where Aaron and Terry turn the reigns over to Kristine Shreve and Erich Campbell to talk about “What is Digitizing?” Terry monitors the show and Aaron is in the chat room from 30,000 feet in an airplane.
Sponsored by: Equipment Zone (Use Coupon code GUYS)
What is Digitizing?
- You said, in a blog post, that digitizing is made up of a study of several discrete elements? What are those elements?
- You talk about the 3 primary issues of digitizing, interpreting art, controlling stitches and using software.
- What does this actually mean?
- What are the physical properties of embroidery and why are they important when a design is being digitized?
- Do you think digitizers have styles the way painters do? Could you look at a digitized design and tell who created it simply from the way it looks?
- What role does understanding how thread and stabilizer and material work together play in successful digitizing?
- What is the best way to learn digitizing?
- Why is it important to take into account the reality of embroidery when digitizing a design?
- Can you be a good digitizer without ever having run an embroidery machine?
- How can digitizing impact the bottom line of an embroidery business?
- What is pathing and why is it important to production?
- You said in a blog post well-made apparel embroidery designs must have the following characteristics: They must be attractive in the eyes of the customer, they must run correctly and efficiently on the machines, and they must lend themselves to being worn. Why does it matter if a designs lends itself to being worn?
- How can you make single color embroidery designs interesting?
- If your client is on a budget, how can you digitize a design that still has impact but won’t cost the client more than they want to spend?
- Do you have favorite and less favorite designs you’ve digitized?
- ASI Chicago – July 15th – 17th
- Denver NGN Show – July 18th – 19th
- ISS Las Vegas – August 3rd – 5th
- St. Louis NGN Show – August 8th – 9th
- Embroidery Mart Nashville – August 15th – 16th
- Sourcing at MAGIC – August 17th – 20th
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Workhorse Products in Phoenix – June 28-June 29, 2014
Terry’s Book – Screen Printing: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
This show is brought to you for a full hour by: Equipment Zone, with 20 years experience selling garment printing equipment nationwide. Equipment Zone offers the new Epson F2000 SureColor direct-to-garment printer, their own VelociJet-XL DTG printer, and the all new SpeedTreater-TX automatic pretreat machine with a full 16”x24” pretreat area. Introductory price is $3,695. Equipment Zone also carries a full line of DTG inks and supplies. Go to EquipmentZone.com
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter or Google +. You can also find information over at our You Tube Page.