What is the T-Shirt Side Hustle?
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:00:41 — 50.0MB) Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:00:41 — 50.0MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
Stan Banks of the T-Shirt Side Hustle will be joining the 2 Regular Guys to talk about the state of the industry and what he is seeing and one of the premier influencers for new people coming to the space. What are new businesses’ biggest hurdles, and how can experienced decorators learn from the new people coming to the space. Stan is also a speaker at the upcoming Graphics Pro Expo START HERE Academy, September 15th event in Charlotte. Learn more!
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Dad Joke: From Lewis Montgomery – What are the strongest days of the week?
Saturday and Sunday. The rest of them are ‘weak’ days.
T-Shirt Side Hustle
Aaron: T-Shirt Side Hustle aligns its expert knowledge to companies to allow them to educate and market from the outside in. Serving an audience of beginners who are just starting within the industry to seasoned professionals; TSH collects the latest industry information, newest products, and inspiring stories and creates conversation within the industry.
Stan Banks, the owner and serial entrepreneur behind T-Shirt Side Hustle began helping people start their t-shirt business from home in 2017. After starting multiple hustles growing up he found his place in 2011 where he pursued apparel decoration full time. Having never worked a full-time job, in 2016 he obtained a security job for $10 an hour with the sole purpose of securing health insurance. This is where he realized that this was not a sustainable income for anyone to provide for themselves or a family. This is where he decided he wanted to provide a valuable option for anyone who felt the same. On January 3, 2017, he set out to teach people what allowed him to survive for the past 6 years and T-Shirt Side Hustle was born.
Terry: Most people accidentally become garment decorators. Tell us the story about how you started.
Aaron: We’re all about education and rising tides here. When did you decide you needed to help others?
Terry: Give us an idea about your process of helping people get started with their own side hustle.
Aaron: What are some of the biggest challenges you are seeing new business owners face as they come to this industry?
Terry: Here on the 2 Regular Guys we have a wide range of #Regulators – listeners from newbies to those industry veterans like us. Someone that has a more established business, what can they learn from the new folks coming into the space?
Aaron: I know it is still a little way out, but we were able to get connected to you through the mutual project we are working on, The START HERE Academy out in Charlotte on September 15th. Tell us a little about why you are excited to be speaking there. What can people expect?
Terry: Tell us about your programs and books that we saw over on your website at https://tshirtsidehustle.com/
Aaron: Obviously people need to go subscribe to your YouTube channel, so tell us how to find that, and is there anywhere else folks should be connecting with you.
Facebook Live Video
5 Way to Build Build a Vibrant Community
From Kristine Shreve
- Know Your ‘Why’
- Make Rules and Stick to Them
- Know Your Market
- Engage, Genuinely
- Promote Yourself
Join Kristine over at Facebook.com/groups/WomeninGarmentDecoration
Be Part of #5Things
If you would like to present your 5 Things, five quick points on any subject whether it be advice or five instructional steps, we would love to hear from you. You can come on the show and present them yourself, or we will share your list with our listeners or even play a recorded video of you sharing 5 things. Whatever is easiest. https://www.2regularguys.com/5things/
- The Half – 11:30 AM CST every Friday. Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery. 30 minutes of Q&A. And this is the one time in Erich and Aaron’s life that 30 minutes is 30 minutes. Tune in at www.liveosg.com. See past episodes and support the show – thehalf.club.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Workhorse Products in Phoenix, AZ starting May 21-22, 2022.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting August 27-28, 2022.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting November 5-6, 2022.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s “Small Business Saturdays” #SBS Every Saturday. Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Make your machine embroidery bolder, more beautiful, and more valuable to customers while making the digitizing process faster and easier. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- Understanding Emblems Digitizing, Production, Styles, and Sales of Patches. Learn from Erich Campbell about digitizing for emblems including small detail tips, creating your own borders, as well as execution for stitching, and more. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Fridays at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide Your Style Guide is a critical recipe. When all of the ingredients are combined, they create a powerful brand that is aligned, consistent & memorable! eBook by Jay Busselle
- Graphics Pro Expo Indianapolis, IN – June 2-4, 2022
- SkillsUSA National Leadership and Skills Conference Atlanta, GA – June 20-24, 2022
- Made2hustle.live Ft. Worth, TX – June 25-26, 2022
- Applique Getaway Dallas, TX – July 15-17, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Meadowlands, NJ – July 21-22, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach, CA – August 4-6, 2002
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte, NC – September 16-17, 2022
- START HERE Academy – September 15, 4-8 p.m., in Room 219 at the Charlotte Convention Center
- Sublimation Summit Peachtree City, GA – September 22-24, 2022
- Everything Embroidery Market Myrtle Beach, NC – September 22-24, 2022
- Impressions Expo Ft Worth, TX – September 30 – October 2, 2022
- Printing United Las Vegas, NV – October 19-21, 2022
All dates and events, subject to change
Please support our sponsors!
Our Success Group – Business Training, Consulting, and Support – Use the code 2rg to save on Monthly or Annual Membership plans.
This show is for the listeners, so please ask us questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Contact us via our Facebook Page if you have any events or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Instagram and YouTube.