What’s Hot in Sublimation with Jimmy Lamb
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:05:33 — 63.2MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. This week we are going to go deep into all things sublimation. We have rounded up industry expert, sublimation guru, and a great friend of the show, Jimmy Lamb of Sawgrass Technologies, Inc and send Terry off to NBM Sacramento. Jimmy is going to fill in for Terry and we are going to pick his brain what’s hot in sublimation. We will discuss what are the latest trends, unique items, and projects he has seen. We will also discuss what types of substrates are good for sublimation. Then we will dig into apparel sublimation.
Sponsored by: SGIA.org
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
A report on the state of sublimation and forecasting for Europe reads; Dye sublimation printing will continue to present exciting new business opportunities for ink suppliers, equipment builders and print service providers in the textile segment across the next five years according to the latest from report Smithers Pira. Exclusive research from The Future of Dye-Sublimation Printing to 2023 tracks how this market worldwide will rise from a value of €6.99 billion in 2017 to €7.63 billion in 2018. A strong compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.2% for the five-year period to 2023, will evolve this total market value to €12.4 billion ($15.25 billion USD) at its end.
DAX Chicagoland is coming up in 2 weeks from today. Registrations are running 18% ahead of last year and after talking to Scott Ritter, the President of Decorated Apparel Expo 3700 to 4000. They have expanded the footprint this year, so there are still a few booths left 5 – 6. Go to daxshow.com for more details.
Valencia Johnson Cooper5:42 Hi Guys
Martha Taylor9:31 Good morning
Cheryl Kuchek23:15 I wanted to say hi to you two, this is great.
What's Hot in Sublimation
- What’s Hot In sublimation? – Outdoor products. Decoral panels have a 5 year fade resistance warranty when printed with Sawgrass inks. ChromaLuxe EXT have a 3 year.
2 Regular Guys Podcast22:22 I need the other hand for keyboard commands when digitizing, sorry to kill the mystique. (Erich again)
2 Regular Guys Podcast28:29 From a fast lookup, those UV resistant panels are running roughly 19 percent more expensive than standard panels of the same size from a popular supplier. (Erich )
- What is the most unique thing you have ever seen sublimated? – My favorite is a polymer gear used in a mechanical measuring device. They sublimated measurement increments onto the gear. Other cool stuff – Fishing lures, toilet seats, cremation urns, etc.
Valencia Johnson Cooper20:21 toilet seat is scary
Valencia Johnson Cooper25:15 great examples, thanks for sharing!
- Apparel. What we can print with sublimation and why? Can I do dark garments, cotton?
Valencia Johnson Cooper37:50 Having a doozy of a time finding a light yellow (not safety) short sleeve and long-sleeve poly tee. When is the color selection going to increase?
Mayra Roland43:56 Sorry in looking for polos for next school year youth
Valencia Johnson Cooper42:30 Mayra, try Gildan, Augusta
- Apparel Sublimation – Talk about transfer lines, 50/50 shirts, colored shirts, all-over sub, cut and sew, etc.
2 Regular Guys Podcast38:35 Foam jigs are critical. (Erich)
2 Regular Guys Podcast50:57 There’s value in the *distressed* look. (Erich)
Mayra Roland56:34 Did you have any videos we can watch about social media
2 Regular Guys PodcastMayra – Here is a good show from the past with Jay Busselle talking about Social Media – http://2regularguys.com/jay-busselle/
AaronMontgomery.infoI also have a few videos over on my page that you might like. https://www.facebook.com/AaronMontgomery.info/videos/509613202772508/
- Tackling Transfers – From Sublimation To Vinyl – DAX Chicagoland – Thursday, Apr 26 – 1:00PM – 4:30PM
- Equipment & Supplies for a New Screen Printer: What you need for success! – DAX Chicagoland – Friday, April 27 10:20AM – 11:40 AM
- How To Add Sublimation To Your Business – DAX Chicagoland – Friday, April 27 12:30PM – 1:50PM
- Digital Marketing: Growing Your Business with Social Media and Email Marketing – DAX Chicagoland – Friday, April 27 12:30PM – 1:50PM
- Finding New Niche Markets because you are a Digital Decorator – DAX Chicagoland – Friday, April 27 2:20 PM – 3:40 PM
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Workhorse Products in Phoenix – April 21-22
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago – June 9-10
- Screen Print Master Class: Stepping Up to the Next Level (Phoenix, AZ – Aug. 25-26, 2018)
- NBM Sacramento – April 13-14, 2018
- DAX Chicagoland – April 27-28, 2018
- ISS Houston – May 3-5, 2018
- NBM Portland – May 11-12, 2018
- NBM Cleveland – June 15-16, 2018
- ASI Chicago – July 25-26, 2018
- NBM Long Beach, CA – August 2-4, 2018
- NNEP Nashville – August 17-18, 2018
- NBM Secaucus, NJ – August 24-25, 2018
- ISS Orlando – September 6-8, 2018
- NBM Indianapolis – September 13-15, 2018
- ISS Ft. Worth, TX – September 27-29, 2018
- SGIA Expo – Las Vegas, NV – October 18-20, 2018
- NBM Charlotte, NC – November 2-3, 2018
This show is brought to you for a full hour by:
Specialty Graphics Imaging Association – SGIA will continually strive to be the foremost resource for information and education within the specialty imaging industry. SGIA supports the digital and screen printing community in the USA and Canada by providing services and activities specific to their interests. While the majority of SGIA services and activities are specific to US and Canada, SGIA will continue to partner with national and regional associations around the globe to continually develop the international community. The SGIA National Affiliation Program brings together a multinational community to enhance awareness and encourage the exchange of information. Supporting the Leaders of the Digital and Screen Printing Community
Equipment Zone, with 20 years experience selling garment printing equipment nationwide. Equipment Zone offers the new Epson F2000 SureColor direct-to-garment printer, their own VelociJet-XL DTG printer, and the all-new SpeedTreater-TX automatic pretreat machine with a full 16”x24” pretreat area. Equipment Zone also carries a full line of DTG inks and supplies. Go to EquipmentZone.com
SubliSource – Sublimation just got easier with the launch of sublisource.com, the new US distributor for Best Sublimation. Our mission is to help our partners grow with a different way of doing business compared to all the “Me too” distributors in the United States.
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter, Instagram or Google +. You can also find information on our YouTube Page.