WIGD: Marketing to Women in the Industry
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:04:59 — 50.4MB) Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:04:59 — 50.4MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
Welcome back to our quarterly special where we turn the microphones over to Kristine Shreve and 3 other rockstars of the industry. Nicole Rollender, Cheryl Kuchek and Jennie Livesey. This week they will discuss the images that are used to portray women, how companies are using “girl power” or “women power” as a marketing tool, and how female business owners are perceived.
Sponsored by: Impressions Expo. Use the Promo Code RegularGuysIE for a FREE Expo Pass!
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Marketing to Women in the Industry
- Why does advertising/marketing aimed at women often emphasize the needs of everyone but the woman at which it’s aimed? What does that say about what society thinks about women?
- What one thing can companies in our industry do to effectively market to women?
- How effective are women-centered initiatives?
- Have some companies jumped on the woman power bandwagon because it’s trendy?
- Do marketing campaigns aimed at women (or in general) take into account the diversity of women’s experiences?
- What one question should a company that wants to increase its female customer base ask?
- What one stereotype about women that advertisers use do you hate most?
- What common language mistakes or assumptions should companies that market to women avoid?
Facebook Live Video
- OurSuccessGroup.Com – Next Level Business Training
- The Success Tracker – Program from OSG, to get people started on achieving their goals.
- Aaron’s Online Video Series “Small Business Saturdays” #SBSVideos Every Saturday
- Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Online Training from Erich Campbell
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Friday’s at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide eBook by Jay Busselle
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course
- Workhorse Phoenix August 22-23
- Atlas Chicago September 19-20
NBM Indianapolis – June 11-13, 2020– Canceled Impressions Expo Baton Rouge – June 18-20, 2020– Canceled NBM Richmond – July 17-18, 2020– Canceled
- DAX Tinley Park (Chicago) – August 7-8, 2020
NBM Long Beach – August 13-15, 2020– Canceled
- Impressions Expo Ft. Worth – August 28-30, 2020
- Impressions Expo Orlando – September 10-12, 2020
- Sublimation Summit – September 10-12, 2020
- NBM Cleveland – September 25-26, 2020
- ASI Chicago – September 30-October 1 (was July 21-23, 2020)
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City – October 8-10, 2020
Printing United Atlanta – October 21-23. 2020– Canceled
- NBM Charlotte – November 5-6, 220
Please support our sponsors!
Our Success Group – Business Training, Consulting, and Support – Use the code 2rg to save on Monthly or Annual Membership plans.
This show is for the listeners, so please ask us questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Contact us via our Facebook Page if you have any events or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Instagram and YouTube.