Wings, Tacos & Promotional Products
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:02:44 — 53.7MB) Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:02:44 — 53.7MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
This Friday we’ll be joined by the guys from the Tacos with Jay & Jeff podcast. Jay Busselle and Jeff Solomon, two veterans of the promotional products industry, will talk about our two worlds colliding using apparel as promotional products. And we’ll discuss some untapped markets for apparel we might be missing as well. Plus there will be lots of fun and other action as Aaron is in the middle of a working vacation and will be coming to you live from Terry’s home office. Hang on for some fun!
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Impressions Expo is taking submissions for 2022 educational seminars and workshops. We’re placing a dedicated emphasis on content, and we want next year’s conference program to be more diverse, dynamic, informative than ever while providing maximum value for our attendees and customers. The deadline for submissions is April 30th.
Go here to submit your seminar ideas: https://bit.ly/3mghWq2
Dad Joke: Why can’t you hear a pterodactyl going to the bathroom?
Because the P is silent!
Thanks again to Lexi from Joe Ortinau’s production staff, two Dad Jokes in a row!
Wings, Tacos & Promotional Products
Terry: Today we want to welcome in Jay Busselle and Jeff Solomon from TACOS with Jay and Jeff.
Jeff Solomon, MAS, is the publisher of FreePromoTips, a PPAI award-winning business resource. His promotional products distributor business has won multiple PPAI Pyramid Awards. At the urging of his brilliant wife he expanded his apparel decorating business to include promo products over 20 years ago. That changed the game for him. Jeff has a passion for effective brand marketing and co-hosts the “hit” show TACOS with Jay and Jeff, spotlighting the epic marketing and branding that suppliers and distributors are doing. Along with other industry thought leaders, he is developing a new community, AI: Advocates for the Industry. AI has one goal: Working together for the success of the promotional marketing industry.
It’s been about 30 years since Jay Busselle started printing and selling “unofficial replica” t-shirts in the mid 80’s of his favorite ski resorts, skiing and skateboarding companies… and a few bands which will remain nameless. Jay is a board member, referred to as “chefs” for PromoKitchen, an all-volunteer nonprofit group focused on mentorship. Jay is a highly rated industry presenter and a trainer on topics like branding, social media and LinkedIn. Jay is currently the marketing director at Equipment Zone, the co-host of the TACOS with Jay & Jeff show and a self-proclaimed CTO – Chief Taco Officer. Jay says he found his home hanging out with the other promo peeps and apparel geeks on the island of misfit toys!
Aaron: What was the path that led each of you into promotional products? Let’s start with you, Jeff.
Terry: How can a garment decorator get involved in the promotional products marketplace?
Aaron: How important is the relationship between promotional product distributors and suppliers?
Terry: Let’s talk about the TACOS with Jay & Jeff show – why did you guys start it and what’s it all about?
Aaron: You both are involved in education and mentorship. Talk to us about why you believe this is important.
Covered… Terry: Let’s talk Tacos vs Wings!! Wings won! 🙂
Terry: How can our listeners find you?
Facebook Live Video
5 Advantages of a Home-Based Business
- Low overhead and commitment to a building mortgage or lease (and no drive time)
- Take a break, do some laundry
- If you have kids at home, no or limited daycare, etc.
- The ability and ease of putting in an extra hour or two outside of normal working hours
- The “why” of your home-based business can be a part of your business story
Be Part of #5Things
If you would like to present your 5 Things, five quick points on any subject whether it be advice or five instructional steps, we would love to hear from you. You can come on the show and present them yourself, or we will share your list with our listeners or even play a recorded video of you sharing 5 things. Whatever is easiest.
Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, Contact Us or at our Facebook Page.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Workhorse Products in Phoenix starting April 17-18
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting May 22-23 SOLD OUT. Next Chicago class August 21-22.
- OurSuccessGroup.Com – Success Business Training. Our missing is to provide resources that empower business owners to achieve their idea of success.
- The Success Tracker – A program from OSG, to get people started on achieving their goals.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s Online Video Series “Small Business Saturdays” #SBSVideos Every Saturday
- Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Online Training from Erich Campbell
- The Half with Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery – 30 Minute Q&A – Friday’s At 11:30 AM Central
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Friday’s at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide eBook by Jay Busselle
Impressions Expo Long Beach – April 24-26, 2021– Cancelled
- Graphics Pro Expo Irving – May 13-15, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Indianapolis – June 15-17, 2021
- DAX Kansas City – July 9-10, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Meadowlands – July 15-16, 2021
- DAX Minnesota – August 3-4, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach – August 12-14, 2021
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City – August 26-28, 2021
- DAX Chicagoland – August 27-28, 2021
- Impressions Expo Ft Worth – September 10-12, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Pittsburgh – September 24-25, 2021
- Printing United Orlando – October 6-8, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte – October 29-30, 2021
All dates and events, subject to change
Please support our sponsors!
Our Success Group – Business Training, Consulting, and Support – Use the code 2rg to save on Monthly or Annual Membership plans.
This show is for the listeners, so please ask us questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Contact us via our Facebook Page if you have any events or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Instagram and YouTube.