Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. Welcome to the 4th quarter Women in the Industry Podcast which is guest hosted by Kristine Shreve. We bring in 3 other rockstar industry ladies to join her and they have a discussion about the issues, topics, and tips. This week they will be discussion workplace safety. Tune in to learn and be empowered.
Sponsored by: Impressions Expo. Use the Promo Code RegularGuysIE for a FREE Expo Pass!
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
ThreadX 2020 powered by SGIA is around the corner, February 23-25, and it will be near me in Scottsdale, Arizona. February is a great time to visit the Valley of the Sun, by the way!! The 2 Regular Guys will be on hand absorbing knowledge and doing interviews throughout. To see the list of speakers and for more information go to: sgia.org/events/threadx and Erich, there’s a beer and brats night! The 2 Regular Guys will definitely be a part of that.
Please Contact Us if you have news to share.
Thanks for Printavo for their support! Please tell them the 2 Regular Guys sent you.
Let’s talk organization. Keeping your shop organized is crucial to growing your screen printing business. Printavo helps thousands of shops keep their team on the same page, and look professional to their customers. If you’re always getting tapped on the shoulder with questions, missing order due dates, or just ready to get to the next step in your shop, Printavo is your solution. Printavo allows shops to create consistent quotes, automate quote & art approvals, schedule jobs, collect payment, and now create online stores. All inside one platform. Being cloud-based, you can even use Printavo from home and with remote employees too. Printavo has a free trial and demo which you can sign up for at their website: Printavo.com
Women and Safety in the Workplace
- In 2018, 71% of females who travel for business said they face greater risks than their male counterparts. Have you ever felt unsafe when traveling and what precautions do you take?
- Have you ever had a customer that behaved in a way which made you feel unsafe? What were the circumstances and how did you handle it?
- What personal safety devices do you own? Have you ever had to use them?
- Do you think women are more reluctant to speak up about safety issues because they’re worried about being perceived as weak or about not being believed?
- Have you ever taken a personal safety course? If yes, did you find it helpful and did you feel safer after you completed the course? If no, do you think taking one would be beneficial?
- Most businesses these days have an online presence, either a website or social media. Do you worry about being online and do you limit the amount of information that is released about you?
- What’s the safety tip that people always give women that annoys you the most?
- What do you think men and women should be discussing when they talk about personal safety?
Jeanene Edwards: Jeanene is currently the VP of marketing and merchandising for Fruit of the Loom and Jerzees Activewear and has over 25 years’ experience working on globally recognized apparel brands.
Gillian Allen: Born in a castle in Scotland, Gillian was a member of the United Kingdom Immigration Service’s first ever Scottish Enforcement Arrest team. She moved to Texas with her husband in 2005. She has worked with many Universities and Research Institutions, leading teams of interviewers and carrying out social research in many inner cities across the USA. In 2012 she started The Cats Pajamas, offering embroidery services. She became interested in designing and moved into other mediums including rhinestones and screen printing. Gillian moved to Thibodaux, Louisiana in September of this year.
Jane Swanzy: a native of East Texas, Jane has lived in Houston for 45+ years. She started doing machine embroidery with a home machine in 2002 using insurance money left over from repairs due to Tropical Storm Allison and despite not being a fan of flooding, she is thankful for that particular storm because it changed her life. In 2004, her customer load outgrew her home machine and she upgraded to a commercial single-head, fully intending to keep working her “real job” while building up the business. 2 weeks later, she started working for her embroidery business full-time, becoming a licensed vendor for the huge Houston Livestock show and Rodeo. Jane is trying to slow down and doesn’t solicit any new business but takes care of whatever comes her way. She lives with her husband and 2 cats in Northwest Houston.
Facebook Live Video
- ASI Orlando – January 5-6, 2020
- PPAI Expo – January 14-16, 2020
- Impressions Expo Long Beach – January 17-19, 2020
- NBM Santa Clara – February 7-8, 2020
- International Awards & Personalization Expo – February 18-21, 2020
- DAX Kansas City – February 22-23, 2020
- ThreadX Powered by SGIA – February 23–25, 2020
- NBM Irving TX – March 12-14, 2020
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City – March 19-21, 2020
- DAX Minnesota – April 2-4, 2020
Please support our sponsors!
This show is for the listeners, so please ask us questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Contact us via our Facebook Page if you have any events or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Instagram and YouTube.