(Sponsored by PRINTING United) The 2 Regular Guys are excited to present the quarterly Women in Garment Decorating podcast. In this episode in 2021, our guests will be Allison Anderson and Wendy Rossman, both amazing small business owners. The conversation will center on hiring and keeping good employees, from a women business owners’ perspective. And we’ll discuss the day-to-day running of your business as well.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
- A reminder the Stock Sheet (http://bit.ly/stocksheet1) is up and there are plenty of blanks to be found. Again this only works if people use it and both add items and reach out to people for items. Thanks to Nathan Leber for putting this together!
- A new Workshop over at Our Success Group Aaron! Here are some of the details. OSG will be supporting small businesses with the BUSINESS CLARITY BOOTCAMP – Using the Success Principles to bring more clarity to your business. There will be 5 sessions that start December 18 of this year and the last session wrapping on March 12, 2022. Each session will be a zoom call that will include training, exercises, group sharing, feedback, and some masterminding. If you would like more detail, please reach out to Aaron at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dad Joke: Do you know why comedians never do shows for ghosts?
There’s a 100% chance they’ll get boo’ed off the stage.
Hiring and Keeping Employees
Aaron: Welcome to the show… Tell us a little bit about yourself and your business. Let’s start with you Wendy!
Terry: One of the things we want to talk about today is hiring and maintaining good employees. I say in all my classes that the day you hire your first employee, your life changes forever. Talk about your early hiring experiences.
Aaron: How has Covid affected your ability to hire and maintain staff? Did you yourselves have shutdowns or other Covid challenges along the way?
Terry: How do you go about training your employees, whether it be operating a machine or dealing with customers?
Aaron: Let’s talk about keeping employees happy at work. What are your thoughts on this?
Terry: Aaron tells me you both also have family, including your kids working with you. Talk to us about the unique challenges that come with that and how you have overcome those?
Aaron: Let’s talk about your businesses in general. As women business owners, what have been some of the biggest surprises, either good or challenging?
Terry: Let’s dust off the crystal ball. What do you see for your business in the coming year 2022?
Aaron: How about some advice for business owners for the coming year?
Facebook Live Video
5 Fundamentals of Success
From Aaron Montgomery – Our Success Group
- Take 100% Responsibility for ALL of your results – It’s easy to blame, complain and make excuses, but real success comes from empowering yourself to own all of your results.
- Find your Purpose – We all have a certain greatness zone of something we were meant to do. If we all were able to find that and just focus on living that the world will be a better place!
- Decide What You Desire – If you can not clearly share what your goals are you will never know where you are headed. Set your roadmap by determining how much and by when and then share those goals with anyone who will listen.
- Take Productive Actions – Planning, prepping, commiserating, sharing, and getting ready is great, but the sooner you get to action the faster you will find success. For example, there were some great nuggets and ideas today. Are you going to just put them on the shelf or are you going to take action on those ideas?
- Surround Yourself with Success – You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with. Are they improving your life and lifting you up or are they toxic and negative? It’s your job to spend as little time as possible with toxic people and build relationships with those that will lift you up.
Be Part of #5Things
If you would like to present your 5 Things, five quick points on any subject whether it be advice or five instructional steps, we would love to hear from you. You can come on the show and present them yourself, or we will share your list with our listeners or even play a recorded video of you sharing 5 things. Whatever is easiest.
- 5 Keys of Business Success Growing and Launching – This experience includes over 5 hours of training videos, with 25 specific detailed modules. There are 5 distinct keys with 26 homework assignments to help you take action and put this training to work in your business. You will gain the confidence to grow and launch your business with guardrails to steer you away from catastrophe.
- The Half – 11:30 AM CST every Friday. Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery. 30 minutes of Q&A. And this is the one time in Erich and Aaron’s life that 30 minutes is 30 minutes. Tune in at www.liveosg.com. See past episodes and support the show – thehalf.club.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Workhorse Products in Phoenix on October 23-24.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting November 6-7.
- OurSuccessGroup.Com – Success Business Training. Our missing is to provide resources that empower business owners to achieve their idea of success.
- Club OSG – Live videos and information from After Hours of Tuesday’s With Todd and Small Business Saturdays. Plus 10% off at MontCo.biz and FatDadWholesale.com
- The Success Tracker – A program from OSG, to get people started on achieving their goals.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s “Small Business Saturdays” #SBS Every Saturday. Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Make your machine embroidery bolder, more beautiful, and more valuable to customers while making the digitizing process faster and easier. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- Understanding Emblems Digitizing, Production, Styles, and Sales of Patches. Learn from Erich Campbell digitizing for emblems including small detail tips, creating your own borders, as well as execution for stitching, and more. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Friday’s at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide Your Style Guide is a critical recipe. When all of the ingredients are combined, they create a powerful brand that is aligned, consistent & memorable! eBook by Jay Busselle
Printing United Orlando – October 6-8, 2021– CANCELLED
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte, NC – October 29-30, 2021
- Impressions Expo Long Beach, CA – January 21-23, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Irving, TX – March 10-12, 2022
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City, NJ – March 24-26, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Denver, CO – April 14-15, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Indianapolis, IN – June 2-4, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Meadowlands, NL – July 21-22, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach, CA – August 4-6, 2002
- Impressions Expo Ft Worth, TX – September 30 – October 2, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte, NC – September 16-17, 2022
- Printing United Las Vegas, NV – October 19-21, 2022
All dates and events, subject to change
Please support our sponsors!
This show is for the listeners, so please ask us questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Contact us via our Facebook Page if you have any events or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Instagram and YouTube.