Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. We are excited to bring to you the 5th installment of Women in Garment Decorating. This week Kristine Shreve had some technical difficulties so Aaron stepped in as the host. He got to speak with Pilar Harrison and Milissa Clark. Those two tackled the subject of dealing with conflict in the workplace. What are the do’s, don’t and techniques to navigate situations that involve conflict? You will get those answers plus many more in this episode of Women in Garment Decorating.
Sponsored by: Impressions Expo. Use the Promo Code RegularGuysIE for a FREE Expo Pass!
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
THE NBM SHOW in Irving, Texas has been Cancelled – Due to an order prohibiting public or private gatherings of 500 persons or more anywhere in Dallas County, we regret to inform you THE NBM SHOW in Irving, TX has been cancelled, effective immediately. This includes all classes and all exhibits for THE NBM SHOW on Friday, March 13 and Saturday, March 14, 2020.
Impressions Atlantic City 2020 postponed until October 2020 – The health and safety of each and every member of our community and our staff is of the utmost importance to us. After closely monitoring the risk and impact of COVID-19 on a daily basis, and speaking at length with members of our community, Impressions Expo Atlantic City, which had been scheduled for March 19-21, 2020, at the Atlantic City Convention Center in Atlantic City, NJ., has been postponed to October. Impressions Expo Atlantic City 2020 will now take place Thursday, October 8 to Saturday, October 10, 2020, at Atlantic City Convention Center in Atlantic City, NJ.
Impressions Orlando 2020 postponed until September 2020 – Impressions Expo Orlando 2020 will now take place Thursday, September 10 to Saturday, September 12, 2020, at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, FL. This will coincide with the Surf Expo now. Previously they were partnering with ISA which will now occur Sunday, August 23 – Tuesday, August 25, with preconference sessions on Saturday, August 22. ISA Sign Expo will remain in Orlando.
Sam Wildt – This just in from the World Health Organization, people need to buy t-shirts printed or plain. After being out in public the t-shirts should be discarded and replaced with fresh ones. Besides that, they can also be used as a toilet paper substitute. Again buy t-shirts people! If you need a source I know a guy
Milissa Clark – Is a Mom to Parker and Sales Director for US Blanks and President of High Voltage Marketing with a focus on premium fashion and experiences. Before coming on board with US Blanks and High Voltage, she started at Liberty Holdings as the National Accounts Manager and then as Senior Account Manager at Next Level Apparel. When Milissa isn’t playing baseball with Parker she can typically be seen traveling the world with her boyfriend, Tim.
Pilar Harrison – Has been in business for just over 2 years, starting off as a crafter making shirts for the other Pom Moms. It quickly jumped to team orders and she upgraded her plotter, software and heat press. She travels to shows to help Matt in the TRW Booth and really enjoys the one-on-one chats with other businesses. As an admin for the TRW Crafting page, she helps members, which is one of her favorite things. She was honored to be included in the March issue of Printwear Magazine, featuring Women in Business. She has been married to Will for 23 years, has a genius son in college and a teen daughter whose personality (possibly: sassiness) is larger than life, but she’s one of her closest friends.
- Do you think men and women handle conflict differently?
- What were you taught about how to handle conflict growing up?
- What messages about handling conflict do you think our culture sends to women?
- Do you visibly upset when handling strong emotions – crying, red in the face etc?
- Do you feel that negates your message?
- Have you had the experience of your anger or concern being negated either by being told “you’re not really mad”, teased or just the other person refusing to take the issue seriously?
- Why do you think some women are so conflict averse – some to the point that they’ll neglect their own best interest to avoid it?
- Does the fear of physical intimidation play a part in avoidance of conflict?
- Do you think both men and women should be taught to deal with conflict in general and specifically be taught to deal with conflict
Facebook Live Video
- Aaron’s Online Video Series “Small Business Saturdays” #SBSVideos Every Saturday
- Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- OurSuccessGroup.Com – Next Level Business Training
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing webinar March 28th, 2020
- Scheduling & Estimating Production Time Video Series – March, 2020
- Your Style Guide eBook by Jay Busselle
- DAX Tinley Park (Chicago) – April 24-25, 2020
- NBM Providence – May 15-16, 2020
- DAX Minnesota – May 22-23, 2020
- NBM Indianapolis – June 11-13, 2020
- Impressions Expo Baton Rouge – June 18-20, 2020
- NBM Richmond – July 17-18, 2020
- ASI Chicago – July 21-23, 2020
- NBM Long Beach – August 13-15, 2020
- Impressions Expo Ft. Worth – August 28-30, 2020
- Impressions Expo Orlando – September 10-12, 2020
- Sublimation Summit – September 10-12, 2020
- NBM Cleveland – September 25-26, 2020
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City – October 8-10, 2020
- Printing United Atlanta – October 21-23. 2020
- NBM Charlotte – November 5-6, 220
Please support our sponsors!
Impressions Expo – Head to our website for updated 2021 show dates and to find out more about our new virtual marketplace, Impressions Connect, taking place in January!
Our Success Group – Business Training, Consulting and Support – Use the code 2rg to save 20% on Success Tracker or the Monthly or Annual Membership plans.
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter and Instagram. You can also find information on our YouTube Page.