The Women in Garment Decorating episode has a wonderful twist thanks to a chance encounter at the recent Printing United Alliance Expo. As garment and product decorators, we are also part of a larger group of printing professionals on full display at the Expo. In the print and wide format world is a group called the Women in Print Alliance. We are excited to welcome two advisory council members, Ann Crum, the Executive Director of Phoenix Inkjet & Colour Solutions LLC, and Kristin Lanzarone, the Owner/Operator of WrapStar Pro. Ann and Kristin will share more about the Women in Print Alliance’s work, how we can all support women in the industry, and gain a very amazing perspective from two amazing women.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants, lectures, or selling. We are not doing this for our employers but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened-to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will improve your business and our industry. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list, and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
🏆🤑 Ready to have clarity and confidence in your business? 🥇🎯 Got to https://oursuccessgroup.com/tryosg
If you have anything newsworthy you would like us to share, please email details to email@example.com. Use the subject line “Weekly News.”
What do you call a detective electrician?
Terry’s New Book
Exciting News! Terry has published his latest book. Beer, Bait & Barbecue: The Secret and True Origin of Vampires upon the Earth. Get your copy at https://decorators.ink/bbb
Women in Print Alliance
- Can we start with the Women in Print Alliance (https://womeninprintalliance.org/)? Tell our listeners about the organization and its purpose. How was it started? Ann
- What does it mean to you to be a part of it? Kristin then Ann
- What changes have you seen since the inception of the women in print alliance?
- I love the mission of the alliance – to attract, retain, advance, and advocate for women in the printing industry through education, personal and professional development, networking, and community building. How can we attract more women to the printing industry?
- Ann I saw one of the blogs on the site that you wrote about a new adventure back in 2020 (https://www.printing.org/blog/women-in-print-blog/2020/07/14/are-you-ready-for-an-adventure)
- What is your best piece of advice for and women out there looking to start their own company?
- Kristin I know you are a single Mom, started your own business and really have been doing most of the business on your own. What has been the trick to balancing all of that?
- Where do you see the most opportunity for growth in your space or the industry as a whole?
- As an industry, what work do you feel still needs to be done? How can all of us support those changes?
- Where can our listeners reach out to each of you?
One last question for both of you: If a young lady who is brand new to our industry came to you in a rush and said “I have 1 minute. What is the #1 piece of advice you have for me,” how would you answer her?
If you would like to present your 5 Things, five quick points on any subject, whether it be advice or five instructional steps, we would love to hear from you. You can come on the show and present them yourself, or we will share your list with our listeners or even play a recorded video of you sharing 5 things. Whatever is easiest.
- The Half – 11:30 AM CST every Friday. Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery. Thirty minutes of Q&A. See past episodes and support the show – thehalf.club.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting March 4-5, 2023.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Workhorse Products in Phoenix, AZ, starting February 18-19, 2023.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s “Small Business Saturdays” #SBS Every Saturday. Check out the Podcast version!
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Make your machine embroidery bolder, more beautiful, and more valuable to customers while making the digitizing process faster and easier. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- Understanding Emblems Digitizing, Production, Styles, and Sales of Patches. Learn from Erich Campbell about digitizing for emblems, including small detail tips, creating your own borders, execution for stitching, and more.
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Fridays at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide is a critical recipe. When all of the ingredients are combined, they create a powerful brand that is aligned, consistent & memorable! eBook by Jay Busselle
- Applique Getaway Virtual – November 15, 2022
- PPAI Expo Las Vegas, NV – January 10-12, 2023
- Impressions Expo Long Beach, CA – January 20-22, 2023
- International Personalization & Awards Expo Las Vegas, NV – February 7-10, 2023
- Decorated Apparel Expo Kansas City, MO – February 24-25, 2023
- EEM Show Lafayette, LA – March 3-5, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Irving, TX – March 9-10, 2023
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City, NJ – March 23-25, 2023
- Decorated Apparel Expo Minneapolis (Welch), MN – March 31-April 1, 2023
- Decorated Apparel Expo Chicago (Tinley Park), IL – April 14-15, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte, NC – April 27-28, 2023
- Sublimation Summit Peachtree City, GA – April 27-29, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Indianapolis, IN – June 15-16, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Portland, OR – July 19-20, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach, CA – August 18-19, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Baltimore, MD – September 13-14, 2023
- Impressions Expo Fort Worth, TX – September 14 – 16, 2023
- Printing United Atlanta, GA – October 18-20, 2023
All dates and events subject to change