Women in The Industry Round Table Discussion – Balance
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:19:26 — 86.1MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. Kristine Shreve with guests Alexa Warshany, Andrea Bommarito and Kayla Gayton take to round 3 of Women in the Industry. They share personal experiences of challenges they face as industry leaders and how they have been able to continually manage it all to be successful. Work responsibilities, family demands and personal time are some of the areas these ladies with explore.
Sponsored by: Embrilliance.com. Get 10% off by using the code 2RG at check out.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Women in the Industry - Balance
Q1: What does balance mean? Is there a universal definition or will it be different for each individual?
Q2: Women are not better at multitasking than men, so why are we expected to do it so often? Do we, as women, get assigned additional tasks, like taking notes, etc., because we’re supposed to be better at multi-tasking than men?
Q3: Why are women, in addition to their job duties, often expected to be in charge of the emotional life of their companies?
Q4: How do you balance the demands of running a business/department, with the need for an
emotional life, a creative life, spiritual life, and family life?
Q5: Does the fact that we’re constantly told we should have balance/find balance actually put more pressure on us?
Q6: Are gender roles changing when it comes to who handles the emotional stuff, deals with the kids, etc.? Should women be expected to spell out what they need in those areas?
Q7: Why is it difficult for so many women to say now when they already have a full slate of tasks? Is it the expectation that “good girls” always want to help?
Facebook Live Video
- Aaron’s Online Video Series “Small Business Saturdays” #SBSVideos Every Saturday
- Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course Nashville with Atlas Screen Supply will be October 26-27
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course Phoenix with WorkHorse Products will be November 2-3
- The Sublimation Summit, Peachtree City, GA, September 27-28
- Decorators Community Invades ISS Ft. Worth – October 3-5, 2019 – Booth 541
- Aaron’s “Becoming a Digital Marketing Super Hero” Webinar, November 11, 2019
- NBM Columbus – September 12-14, 2019
- ISS Ft Worth – October 3-5, 2019
- NBM Denver – October 11-12, 2019
- PrintingUnited powered by SGIA – October 23-25, 2019
- NBM Charlotte – November 8-9, 2019
- ASI Orlando – January 5-6, 2020
- PPAI Expo – January 14-16, 2020
- ISS Long Beach – January 17-19, 2020
- NBM Santa Clara – February 7-8, 2020
- DAX Kansas City – February 22-23, 2020
Please support our sponsors!
Our Success Group – Business Training, Consulting, and Support – Use the code 2rg to save on Monthly or Annual Membership plans.
This show is for the listeners, so please ask us questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Contact us via our Facebook Page if you have any events or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Instagram and YouTube.